online balance not updating

Options
Spazhead
Spazhead Member
edited February 2023 in All Things Canadian (Mac)
Hi, my online balance is not updating, but I am getting new transactions loaded,
using quicken Mac Canada Starter for years, this is just started happening a week ago,
my balance is one week behind but my transaction downloaded are up to date as of today. so when it auto reconcile it warns me. I tried stopping online updates, and then re-enable them and still the same. my bank is TD Canada

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Spazhead

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the TD Canada accounts to see if the same issues occur with the online balance. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case).

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Spazhead
    Spazhead Member
    Options
    hi there, I created a new file and the online balance is still not correct, it downloaded all the old transaction, but created the opening balance to match up the wrong balance..

any other suggestion would be appreciated
    currently doing manual reconciles
    thanks
  • Spazhead
    Spazhead Member
    Options
    any other suggestions?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Spazhead

Thank you for attempting the test file. 

Due to the same issue occurring in the test file and the main file regarding your balances, I suggest reaching out to TD Bank for further support as this indicates an issue with the way they are sending information through the servers. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Spazhead

We do now have an active alert regarding TD Canada Bank customers being unable to update their balance or having an incorrect balance. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• gambit.xmn
    gambit.xmn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Do you also have an active alert for Ally and US Bank? I hvae the same issue with both banks and reset/test account did not help.
  • slha
    slha Member
    Options
    The same issue has been moving through all of my accounts. First it was just Chase and my BOA business accounts that stopped updating the online balance on 12/28/22. Then my personal BOA accounts and Elan Financial accounts stopped as well. I'm using Version R45.21 with Win 11.
  • SylvainL
    SylvainL Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Spazhead said:
    > hi there, I created a new file and the online balance is still not correct, it downloaded all the old transaction, but created the opening balance to match up the wrong balance..
    >
    > any other suggestion would be appreciated
    > currently doing manual reconciles
    > thanks

I have had the same problem with TD since the beginning of this year. I tried everything I could find online. No help from TD or Quicken. They are passing the buck. I use Quicken Mac v6.11.3
This discussion has been closed.