Mac register toolbar not showing

Options
lbsunbum
lbsunbum Member ✭✭
The register toolbar is not showing for my Auto & Mortgage accounts. As a result I can't reconcile. I am running Mac version 6.10.3. I've selected to show the register toolbar in my preferences and under the view tab. I have other debt accounts which is does show. I am new to Mac having converted from windows. Am I missing something or does anyone else having this issue.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For whatever reason, the developers don't allow loan accounts to be reconciled in Quicken Mac. I suspect it is so a user doesn't enter adjustments which would throw off Quicken's calculation of principal/interest amounts. 

Since most loan accounts have one or two transactions monthly, it should be simple to check the month-end balance against your mortgage statement. (But I understand wanting the satisfaction of checking the boxes to mark what you've verified. ;) )

You might want to view this Idea thread in which the ability to reconcile loan payments was requested… and rejected by the developers. In particular, the 6th post down by Chris_CPW provides a good explanation of why they likely don't allow reconciling loan accounts.

If you prefer to reconcile your accounts, you can disconnect your loan from downloading transactions, convert the account to a standard debt account, and manually enter a scheduled transaction fro your monthly payment; you'll have to edit the interest/principal split amounts manually each month.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    For whatever reason, the developers don't allow loan accounts to be reconciled in Quicken Mac. I suspect it is so a user doesn't enter adjustments which would throw off Quicken's calculation of principal/interest amounts. 

Since most loan accounts have one or two transactions monthly, it should be simple to check the month-end balance against your mortgage statement. (But I understand wanting the satisfaction of checking the boxes to mark what you've verified. ;) )

You might want to view this Idea thread in which the ability to reconcile loan payments was requested… and rejected by the developers. In particular, the 6th post down by Chris_CPW provides a good explanation of why they likely don't allow reconciling loan accounts.

If you prefer to reconcile your accounts, you can disconnect your loan from downloading transactions, convert the account to a standard debt account, and manually enter a scheduled transaction fro your monthly payment; you'll have to edit the interest/principal split amounts manually each month.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lbsunbum
    lbsunbum Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I failed to mention that these are manual, not connected online.
This discussion has been closed.