Connection problem. Fidelity Credit Card

Options
nsosdian
nsosdian Member ✭✭
Transactions not downloading as of today and updated Quicken version. Tried all the usual (deactivate/reactivate, etc). Quicken cannot find my credit card account anymore, was working yesterday.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    nsosdian said:
    Interesting, mine did not with error code CC-601. I just got off chat with support and they said there is an issue with Fidelityrewards.com that is currently being worked.
    OK, that is good to know that they know about it.  I was able to update my Fidelity card last night and this morning with the Elan Financial Services connection but in a TEST file where I have it connected with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link it failed.  In that other thread on this that I posted above, there are 2 others who have said that Elan is working now for them as well.

I used to download with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link in my main data file but had far too many connection reliability issues for my liking.  So, I switched the connection over to Elan Financial Services about 2 yrs ago and have had very few problems.  I still keep the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link set up in a test file but I will not go back to it in my main data file.  If you have not already done so, you might want to consider setting up an online account with Elan and then setting up your download connection with them.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Fidelity Rewards site is basically a mirror of what is on the Elan Financial site but with a different look.  That might be the reason why Fidelity Rewards issues occur when they don't occur with Elan.  Instead of Elan>User/Quicken it is Elan>Fidelity Rewards>User/Quicken...one extra step which means one extra opportunity for something to go wrong.

Elan doesn't make it too easy to find the login page for their customers.  If you Google "Elan Financial Services log" you'll get a link that takes you to a page with a number of links.  Then you need to work your way through the links to find another link what is for credit card holders and not for retail customers.  A real pain.  Never understood that.

Anyway, you can cut through all that by going directly to Credit Card Account Access: Log In (myaccountaccess.com).  The page that comes up will look like this and it is not readily apparent that it is an Elan site.  But look at the bottom of the page and you will see "Elan".  Click on the Enroll button to get your online account set up.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    It sounds like Elan (the issuer of the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card) might be doing some system maintenance/upgrading.  You might want to read the following:  Did the latest Fidelity Rewards credit card site refresh break the quicken update? — Quicken.

• nsosdian
    nsosdian Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, helpful to know others have same issue. My Quicken had updated itself just before the issue started, so I was suspecting the Quicken update. But if Elan did a web update also, agree most likely issue on their side. Hopefully all works on Monday.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @nsosdianI just ran OSU and my Fidelity Card updated properly.  You might want to try, again, now.

• nsosdian
    nsosdian Member ✭✭
    Options
    Interesting, mine did not with error code CC-601. I just got off chat with support and they said there is an issue with Fidelityrewards.com that is currently being worked.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    nsosdian said:
    OK, that is good to know that they know about it.  I was able to update my Fidelity card last night and this morning with the Elan Financial Services connection but in a TEST file where I have it connected with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link it failed.  In that other thread on this that I posted above, there are 2 others who have said that Elan is working now for them as well.

I used to download with the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link in my main data file but had far too many connection reliability issues for my liking.  So, I switched the connection over to Elan Financial Services about 2 yrs ago and have had very few problems.  I still keep the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link set up in a test file but I will not go back to it in my main data file.  If you have not already done so, you might want to consider setting up an online account with Elan and then setting up your download connection with them.

• nsosdian
    nsosdian Member ✭✭
    Options
    Where would I find Elan? Google searches send me to FidelityRewards.com. I thought they were one and the same.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The Fidelity Rewards site is basically a mirror of what is on the Elan Financial site but with a different look.  That might be the reason why Fidelity Rewards issues occur when they don't occur with Elan.  Instead of Elan>User/Quicken it is Elan>Fidelity Rewards>User/Quicken...one extra step which means one extra opportunity for something to go wrong.

Elan doesn't make it too easy to find the login page for their customers.  If you Google "Elan Financial Services log" you'll get a link that takes you to a page with a number of links.  Then you need to work your way through the links to find another link what is for credit card holders and not for retail customers.  A real pain.  Never understood that.

Anyway, you can cut through all that by going directly to Credit Card Account Access: Log In (myaccountaccess.com).  The page that comes up will look like this and it is not readily apparent that it is an Elan site.  But look at the bottom of the page and you will see "Elan".  Click on the Enroll button to get your online account set up.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    BTW, an Alert was posted today regarding the Fidelity Rewards Card.  It shows a different error code (one that is a QMac error code) but a Moderator has confirmed this Alert is applicable to the CC-601 error code for QWin, too.:  NEW! 11/21/22 FDP-101 Error for Fidelity Rewards Credit Card — Quicken.

You can wait for when the Fidelity Rewards Card issue is resolved (who knows how long that will be) or you can set up your online account with Elan and then change your set up in Quicken to Elan.  The choice, of course, is yours, but I would recommend going the Elan route.

• Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem - CC-601 error code for Fidelity Rewards credit card
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have been getting a CC-508 message - that the FI has a pop-up.  There is no pop-up.  It just doesn't work.  
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @solostorm said:
    > I have been getting a CC-508 message - that the FI has a pop-up.  There is no pop-up.  It just doesn't work.  

Just deactivate those accts first and then add a new acct using Elan Financial services. It should link to those Fidelity accts and you won't lose anything
  • solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brad1195062  Thanks - but I had already tried that and it failed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    solostorm said:
    Brad1195062  Thanks - but I had already tried that and it failed.
    It failed?  Would you please describe what happened?
    Also, did you first set up an online account with Elan before you tried connecting with the Elan Financial Services link?

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brad1195062  Thanks - but Id already tried that and it failed.
  • Daniel Arbeeny
    Options
    This is helpful...
    I started getting the CC-508 error about a pop-up. So I logged into the website direction and sure enough there was a pop-up security question (one I set a longtime ago).
    Now with the pop-up out of the way I still get the error message...maybe Elan sees the incoming request from a different device?
    Either way how can we get this sorted?
  • RTQUICK
    RTQUICK Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same problem on the Mac version, login fails even after accepting new terms and conditions from the website.
  • titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    Options
    Another CC-508 here Win 11 Pro current Quicken Premier. Sometimes the OSU just crashes Quicken (unexpectedly quit message) other times it just stops the update like it was never started and other times gives the CC-508 for Elan Financial Services. The quicken message said to go to the website and accept whatever popped up which I did via Fidelity Rewards but there was no option to skip the popup in the future as the Quicken article suggested.

I have resorted to downloading the QFX file from the website and importing it but this has to be temporary. I have too many transactions on this card every month to have to intervene manually.

I'll try the recommendation of @Boatnmaniac in a few days if this hasn't resolved.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    Options
    titanrx said:
    Another CC-508 here Win 11 Pro current Quicken Premier. Sometimes the OSU just crashes Quicken (unexpectedly quit message) other times it just stops the update like it was never started and other times gives the CC-508 for Elan Financial Services. The quicken message said to go to the website and accept whatever popped up which I did via Fidelity Rewards but there was no option to skip the popup in the future as the Quicken article suggested.

I have resorted to downloading the QFX file from the website and importing it but this has to be temporary. I have too many transactions on this card every month to have to intervene manually.

I'll try the recommendation of @Boatnmaniac in a few days if this hasn't resolved.
    My main data file I have this card set up with Elan Financial Services.

I have a TEST file in which this card is set up with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.

When I ran OSU this morning both returned CC-505 error codes.  My normal next step when I get CC-5XX error codes is to do Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now).  Update Now will often resolve CC-5XX errors but this morning it did not.

When Update Now does not work, I will usually wait and try running OSU, again, later in the day.  I just now completed OSU for both data files.
    • Elan Financial Services:  The account updated properly with several new transactions downloaded and no error codes or messages.
    • Fidelity Rewards Credit Card:  Returned error code CC-800.  I then ran Update Now with the same result.  I then did Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account) and when prompted I made sure the download was Linked to the current account in Quicken.  Reset Account was successful with several new transactions downloaded.
    So, yes, something seems amiss earlier today (with both connection points) but it seems to have now been resolved (at least for me).

UPDATE:  I just noticed that an Alert was posted about this earlier this morning (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7925944/new-12-21-22-elan-financial-services-cc-501-fdp-105).  It certainly sounds like was caused by system maintenance being performed.      

@Quicken Anja - FYI.

• titanrx
    titanrx Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Boatnmaniac

When I was getting the CC-508 and going to what I thought was the login url that my Quicken Fidelity Visa account was using (fidelityrewards.com/login), I wasn't getting any popups but the CC-508 error persisted.

So, I tried the url you provided, (myaccountaccess.com). The same credentials that I use for the Fidelity rewards url worked and I did get a popup asking to complete an income verification question. So, I answered the popup and tried OSU again, There weren't any transactions to download since I have just used the QFX file but the OSU completed successfully and there was no error for Elan.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    Options
    titanrx said:
    Thank you @Boatnmaniac

When I was getting the CC-508 and going to what I thought was the login url that my Quicken Fidelity Visa account was using (fidelityrewards.com/login), I wasn't getting any popups but the CC-508 error persisted.

So, I tried the url you provided, (myaccountaccess.com). The same credentials that I use for the Fidelity rewards url worked and I did get a popup asking to complete an income verification question. So, I answered the popup and tried OSU again, There weren't any transactions to download since I have just used the QFX file but the OSU completed successfully and there was no error for Elan.
    Thanks for confirming that Elan works for you.  I think you will be much happier with that Elan connection than with the Fidelity Rewards connection link.  It is much more reliable and has far fewer issues than does the Fidelity Rewards connection.

This discussion has been closed.