Did the latest Fidelity Rewards credit card site refresh break the quicken update?

Options
ab_WA_USA
ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
:# I was able to refresh my Fidelity rewards credit card transactions directly from within the quicken app on Nov 10, 2022 but after that I get a "zero account activity" error and when I tried to reset the connection, it is not able to connect. I'm able to log on to the fidelity rewards credit card online outside of the application. I confirmed with Elan technical support (the bank provider for Fidelity Rewards card) that they had a website refresh and since I'm able to connect online, they re-directed me to Quicken support.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ab_WA_USA - I just ran OSU and my Fidelity Card updated properly...no error code, new online balance, 1 new transaction downloaded.  I use the Elan Financial Services connection, not the Fidelity Reward Credit Card. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• ab_WA_USA
    ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks @Boatnmaniac I started a new account with Elan Financial Services connection and that seems to work fine (not my preferred option though as it is a new account and I will lose my history) so I'll wait till monday and see if my fidelity reward credit card option is working. thanks again for the suggestion.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for sharing that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an active alert regarding Fidelity Rewards members experiencing online banking errors, specifically an FDP-101. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Did you get an error code?

I have seen other posts from later yesterday and this morning saying they are not able to download their Fidelity Rewards Card transactions.

I, too, have not been able to update my account today (I was able to yesterday morning) and I get CC-601 error code.

It sure seems like Elan is having some issues this weekend.  When errors popup on weekends it is often due to system maintenance/upgrades being done by the financial institution.  Oftentimes, the issue will self-resolve by the next business day.  

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elan MIGHT have changed the URL for downloads (which could be different that the URL that you use to login).
    Contact Q Support and report the issue so that the URL element can be explored by them.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• ab_WA_USA
    ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
    Options
    thanks @Boatnmaniac that might be the issue - I had the same error code. I will wait till Monday to see if the error persists.
  • ab_WA_USA
    ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @NotACPA - that might be possible - I'll drop Q support a note as well.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @ab_WA_USA - I just ran OSU and my Fidelity Card updated properly...no error code, new online balance, 1 new transaction downloaded.  I use the Elan Financial Services connection, not the Fidelity Reward Credit Card. 

• ab_WA_USA
    ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks @Boatnmaniac I started a new account with Elan Financial Services connection and that seems to work fine (not my preferred option though as it is a new account and I will lose my history) so I'll wait till monday and see if my fidelity reward credit card option is working. thanks again for the suggestion.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    ab_WA_USA said:
    You don't need to lose your Fidelity account history.  If you do end up keeping the Elan account active, the Fidelity account data will remain intact.  And if you want, it is pretty easy to change the Fidelity account setup to the Elan setup so you keep everything in one account.  Or you can merge the Fidelity account into the Elan account.  Several different options that I can help walk you through if you wish.

But, the simplest solution will be if the Fidelity download works.  Then you can simply delete the Elan account.

• athuddriver
    athuddriver Member ✭✭
    Options
    I changed my connection from Fidelity Rewards to Elan Financial Services and that seems to have fixed my issue. Fingers crossed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    I changed my connection from Fidelity Rewards to Elan Financial Services and that seems to have fixed my issue. Fingers crossed.
    I used to be connected with Fidelity Rewards but was not happy with the number of connection reliability issues I was having.  About 2 yrs ago I changed my connection to Elan Financial Services and have had far fewer connection reliability issues since then.  My Fidelity Rewards Visa Card is my primary credit card so having a reliable connection is very important.  Maybe the Fidelity Rewards connection link is better now but I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" so I'm sticking with Elan.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    I have my Fidelity credit card set up to download via the Fidelity Rewards connection in a TEST file.  I just did OSU in that TEST file and got the CC-601 error code.  I also tried Update Now and got the same error code.  I then tried Reset Account and got the "It's not your fault" error message.  I then deactivated the account and tried to set it up, again, and got the same "It's not your fault" message.

While the Elan connection link seems to be working well since last night, the Fidelity connect link does not yet appear to be ready for prime time.  

• Quicken Jasmine
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for sharing that you are experiencing this issue. 

We do now have an active alert regarding Fidelity Rewards members experiencing online banking errors, specifically an FDP-101. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @Quicke Jasmine Does that new active alert include the error CC-601?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello @mdross171,

Yes, this alert specifically states the FDP-101 error, however, that error message may differ on Quicken for Windows. 

I hope this clears things up. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• bill21
    bill21 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    deactivating fideity rewards connection, then reactivating but through the elan financial services website, then linking the found account to th deactivated fidelity account seems to solve the problem (and no need to edit transactions)
  • Brad95X
    Brad95X Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks @bill21, that worked great for me
  • ab_WA_USA
    ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just an update - I get CC-800 error (account not found on Fidelity Rewards Card) now after downloading the latest quicken updates and restarting the app. I have not tried any of the workarounds that others have suggested as I see that the issue with Fidelity credit card (link in Quicken Jasmine's note above) is still open. I will give the teams a few more days to resolve it before I try to reconnect using Elan financial services.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    ab_WA_USA said:
    Just an update - I get CC-800 error (account not found on Fidelity Rewards Card) now after downloading the latest quicken updates and restarting the app. I have not tried any of the workarounds that others have suggested as I see that the issue with Fidelity credit card (link in Quicken Jasmine's note above) is still open. I will give the teams a few more days to resolve it before I try to reconnect using Elan financial services.
    You might want to try connecting with your Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup, now.  In my main data file I have the cards set up with Elan Financial but in a TEST file I have it set up with Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.  OSU did not work in my TEST file so I deactivated the account and then set it up again via Add Account which downloaded 7 days of transactions.  (Set Up Now did not restore the connection link).

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    FYI, the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup in my TEST file continues to download/update my credit card in Quicken.  Unless someone else posts otherwise, it appears that this download issue for this setup is resolved.

• Loring Cox
    Loring Cox Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac still not functional for me anyway. I was able to activate the online services, however no transactions are being downloaded. Although I am no longer getting the 601 error code...
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac still not functional for me anyway. I was able to activate the online services, however no transactions are being downloaded. Although I am no longer getting the 601 error code...
    Have you tried setting up an online account with Elan Financial Services and then downloading from there?  It is very reliable, unlike the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card setup.  IMO, the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card set up should be totally deactivated and removed....too long of a history of connection issues when there is a much better connection option available.
    If you do this, make sure you have deactivated the account from Fidelity Rewards Credit Card before you try linking the account to Elan.

• ab_WA_USA
    ab_WA_USA Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi all - another update. I got a -800 error earlier today but I followed the screen instructions of "fixing" the issue, including deactivating and reactivating, and voila - the transactions are now being downloaded from the fidelity rewards site. I didn't connect to Elan at all.

thanks for all the help!
  • kayagee
    kayagee Member
    Options
    Is this related to the Fidelity Rewards Visa issue where the downloaded balance is no longer correct? Unfortunately I therefore can't reconcile my account without making an invalid adjusting entry... this all started after the November upgrade to the Fidelity Rewards website.
    (I've been connecting to "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card" via Quicken Express Web connect, with no problems until about a month ago)
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited December 2022
    Options
    kayagee said:
    Is this related to the Fidelity Rewards Visa issue where the downloaded balance is no longer correct? Unfortunately I therefore can't reconcile my account without making an invalid adjusting entry... this all started after the November upgrade to the Fidelity Rewards website.
    (I've been connecting to "Fidelity Rewards Credit Card" via Quicken Express Web connect, with no problems until about a month ago)
    There are 2 different "downloaded balance is no longer correct" issues. 

One is due to transactions not being downloaded which is what this thread is about and there are a couple of threads about that.  With this one, those who are not yet connected cannot get the setup connection completed.

There is another thread that started last week where the Online Balance shown in the Account Register has dropped the cents...shows only whole dollars.  This one affected both the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card and Elan Financial Services connections.  As of last night and this morning the Elan Financial Services connection is now working correctly but not the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection.  More about this issue can be read up on at Fidelity Rewards Credit Card - Not showing the cents for the online balance (QWIN).  This issue might or might not be related to the other issue but with this one I was able to set up the connection to Fidelity Rewards but it did not download anything and the cents in the Online Balance are missing. 

Quite frankly, I don't know why anyone is still using the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card link anymore.  It is one of the most unreliable connections I have ever worked with.  The Elan Financial Services link is far superior to it....and neither of these 2 issues is currently an issue with Elan.

This discussion has been closed.