TD Bank VISA Card - Online Balance not Updating

Options
hegedus
hegedus Member ✭✭
As best as I can tell it looks like the Online Balance for my TD Bank VISA card has not been updating for about a month. I am using Version 6.10.3 (Build 610.46328.100) of Quicken for Mac. I also assist my retired mother to keep her accounts blanaced in her Quicken for Mac. And her TD VISA Card has also not updating the online balance for about a month.

These accounts have been managed in Quicken for at least 4 years now.

Anyone else seing this??

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hegedus said:
    As best as I can tell it looks like the Online Balance for my TD Bank VISA card has not been updating for about a month. I am using Version 6.10.3 (Build 610.46328.100) of Quicken for Mac. I also assist my retired mother to keep her accounts blanaced in her Quicken for Mac. And her TD VISA Card has also not updating the online balance for about a month.

These accounts have been managed in Quicken for at least 4 years now.

Anyone else seing this??
    Hello @hegedus,    

I am sorry to hear about this issue with updating accounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

First, are you noticing any particular error codes when trying to update your accounts, and if so, what kind? Also, what Connection Type are you making use of in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information. 

I look forward to hearing more about this from you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • hegedus
    hegedus Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

Thanks for the reply. There are no error messages at all being thrown. In fact, all of the transactions are coming in just fine and have done so since I notice this issue. It seems to be only the online account balance is not getting updated.

The download type is Quicken Connect.

I should also mention that I disconnected the download, restarted, Quicken, and then re-connected the download to TD Canada Trust. And still the online balance from about one month ago was being displayed.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    hegedus said:
    Jared,

Thanks for the reply. There are no error messages at all being thrown. In fact, all of the transactions are coming in just fine and have done so since I notice this issue. It seems to be only the online account balance is not getting updated.

The download type is Quicken Connect.

I should also mention that I disconnected the download, restarted, Quicken, and then re-connected the download to TD Canada Trust. And still the online balance from about one month ago was being displayed.
    Hello @hegedus,      

It's my pleasure to be of assistance, and I appreciate the clarification about what seems to be happening at the moment. I am sorry that this issue is continuing.

If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch, click Next
    4. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location, click Next
    5. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web, click Next 

You may then add your TD Bank Visa account in the newly created data file by choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues with online balances continue in this data file.

I am eager to hear about your results, if you get the chance to check back in with us.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • hegedus
    hegedus Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jared,

I did as you asked. It does appear to be an issue even with a totally new file. See the screenshot attached. This is what shows up even before I let it create the account in my new Quicken file. That online balance is NOT what shows up when I log into the web. The online balance should be more than $2K larger. Once I added the account, only the last 90 days or so of data is brought down and an initial balance adjustment is entered to make the balance match the online balance...but it is NOT correct!

The second file attachment is the online balance displaying when I log into my TD Account on the web. That is the correct number and, in fact, matches my current balance in Quicken.
  • MoMoney99
    MoMoney99 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m having the exact same issue. Transactions are downloading but the online account balance never gets updated. I’ve tried removing the connection and reestablishing the connection but same thing, it won’t update the online balance.
  • hegedus
    hegedus Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @MoMoney99 said:
    > I’m having the exact same issue. Transactions are downloading but the online account balance never gets updated. I’ve tried removing the connection and reestablishing the connection but same thing, it won’t update the online balance.

And this was a TD Trust Credit card as well?

And yes, it still persists for me. Interestingly, the balance did update one time, and one time only, a day or two ago, but it was still not a correct balance.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    hegedus said:
    > @MoMoney99 said:
    > I’m having the exact same issue. Transactions are downloading but the online account balance never gets updated. I’ve tried removing the connection and reestablishing the connection but same thing, it won’t update the online balance.

And this was a TD Trust Credit card as well?

And yes, it still persists for me. Interestingly, the balance did update one time, and one time only, a day or two ago, but it was still not a correct balance.
    Hello @hegedus,       

Thanks so much for getting back to me with the results from the test file, and for providing those helpful screenshots. I am very sorry that this problem is continuing.

Given that this is continuing across data files, and the Connection Type involved is Quicken Connect, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support about this, if you have not already done so. You can speak with them through the link provided here; they will need to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the resources and tools available to them.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All, 

We do now have an active alert regarding TD Canada Bank customers being unable to update their balance or having an incorrect balance. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• machardy
    machardy Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have had the same issue with TD CANADA Trust Visa on my Windows Quicken. I have spent no less that 6 hours on 3 occasions either on the phone or chatting with “experts at Quicken. The experts took me through all the same routines and were unable to help. I actually got blown off on two occasions.

I finally discovered a place on the Quicken website where I could send an email to the president or head tech guy at Qicken. Much to my surprise I got a call back.

After another 2 hours we finally looked at my “logs” and discovered that TD Canada Trust was repeatedly sending out of date online balances. I was told that I had to call TD and tell them that I had a problem. I argued that I was not the one who should be doing this, it should be the experts from Quicken. I know nothing about programming or “logs”. To date I have not called TD.

However, I was able to find a successful work around.

I noticed that if I disconnected my Visa account from web connect that I was unable to download the gfx file from the bank’s website and have it update my Visa account in any way. I was told I should be able to do this, and indeed my other accounts could be updated either way. So I created a new Visa account, transferred all entries to it from the old account, and then used “web connect” to download the information from the bank’s website. I am sure you could just transfer the balance from a convenient date. This worked!

But there is more! I decided yesterday to try again to “improve” my connection for my new account to “Express Web Connect”. My “online balance” reverted back to an old number and reconciliation was once again no longer possible.

I then disconnected my Express web connect and went back to downloading the data from the bank’s website. The correct online balance then reappeared and everything is fine….as long as I do not use Express Web Connect.

Come on Quicken, talk to TD and get them to correct the glitch!
This discussion has been closed.