How to move account to new persons pc?

danjones
danjones Member
Our high school booster group has a new treasurer making it necessary to move quicken spreadsheet for bank to his personal computer. How is this done?
Thank You

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You say "account" but I hope that you really mean "file" and that you don't have the group's account(s) included in your personal Q data file.
    SO, what's the actual situation here?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, who owns the copy of Quicken being used?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• danjones
    danjones Member
    I own the copy of quicken. I want to move the quicken file I own to another individuals file. Does that individual need to purchase quicken and if so how do we move file from my pc to his?
    Thank you
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that individual would need to purchase a copy of Quicken. You can copy your Quicken data file to a USB flash drive and then on to the other computer.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, the information is in a data file, not the program.  You have not mixed the booster club's information into the same data file with your personal data file, have you?  In other words, can you see both your personal information and the club's at the same time?
    If so, you have a problem and need to tell us so that we can tell you how to separate the club's information into a separate data file to pass on to the new treasurer.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.