hello, i am trying to rename multiple transactions by right click and rename. can't do it any more.

Options
srao
srao Member
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
please help

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What changed in your Quicken since you last were able to do this? Installed a new Quicken year/version? Something else?
    What version and release of Quicken are you using?
    Are you working within a banking register or a report view?
    More details would be needed to be able to help you.
    BTW, in a banking register, if you have selected a block of transactions, you can right-click one of the selected transaction and then click "Edit transactions". This brings up the Find/Replace dialog where you can do a Replace Payee Name with [new payee name]
  • srao
    srao Member
    Options
    I am trying to rename multiple transactions on cash flow report. i call quicken support. that feature has removed they said
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can rename Payees in the Banking Transaction report.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • srao
    srao Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    That is time taking, if you are doing for multiple transactions

[Edited for Readability]
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    srao said:
    I am trying to rename multiple transactions on cash flow report. i call quicken support. that feature has removed they said
    I don't know who you were talking to and if you were talking to the "real Quicken Support" but that person's answer is incorrect.
    I just pulled up the Cash Flow Report from the Reports & Graphs view. This shows summaries by Category. Double-clicking on one of the amounts to drill down to Transaction Detail brings up a report view showing a list of transactions. Block selecting these transactions I get a popup menu which includes a selection to "Rename Payees"
  • srao
    srao Member
    Options
    NO DOUBLE CLICKING.., SELECT MULTIPLE TRANSACTIONS ON CASH FLOW REPORT AND TRY TO RENAME
    I AM USING QUICKEN SINCE 15YEARS. I SPOKE TO REAL QUICKEN SUPPORT AND THEY LOGGED IN AND SAID CAN'T DO IT. IF YOU CAN DO IT SEND ANY VIDEO PLEASE. REALLY APPRECIATED.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    srao said:
    A Cash Flow Report does not present transactions directly and never has.  You need to drill down (double click) on one category amount to see the actual transactions with the payees identified.  A Banking / Transactions report does present the transactions with payees identified.  

Once you have the transactions presented in the report, you select (highlight) multiple transactions just as Quicken has 'always' allowed.  You can then right-click (or use the Edit button) to get to the option to rename those highlighted payees. 

I don't see where any of this has changed from prior program releases.     
  • srao
    srao Member
    Options
    until yesterday it is working as you said. but not from today after new update installed.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    srao said:
    until yesterday it is working as you said. but not from today after new update installed.
    Are you referring to the hot fix update to R45.11?
    Also, have you tried to rename transactions in the Banking Transaction report, Find/Replace or anywhere else?  If so, what was the result?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• srao
    srao Member
    Options
    yes. r45.11 we tried all options. select multiple transactions right click and rename is the easiest and time saving option.
  • srao
    srao Member
    Options
    but not working. so sad
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Curious why you are using transaction renaming on what sounds like a regular basis. Are you downloading transactions or entering transactions manually?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    srao said:
    yes. r45.11 we tried all options. select multiple transactions right click and rename is the easiest and time saving option.
    I agree with @UKR .  The default Cash Flow report has not ever allowed for renaming of Payees because there are no payees listed in it.  You need to double click on a category expense which will drill down to the payee level of that category.  Then you can do the mass Payee renaming from there.
    Since you said you do not need to double click on anything and you are sure you are using the Cash Flow report for this, then perhaps you had at one time saved a customized Cash Flow report that shows the Payee details.  Then each time you pull up that customized report you would see the Payee detail level and can do the Payee renaming without needing to do any double clicking.  You might want to go to Reports and instead of going to Banking to pull up the Cash Flow report from there (that would be the default report) go to My Saved Reports & Graphs and see if the Cash Flow report you are used to seeing is saved there.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options
    @srao - One other thing has come to mind.  If you have had your Cash Flow report saved to the Toolbar, that would very likely have been a customized report.  What once happened to me with my Toolbar reports after I had done a Quicken version update was that all of my Toolbar customized reports lost their customizations and reverted to their default layouts.  What I needed to do was:
    1. Remove the customized reports from the Toolbar.
    2. Pull up new default reports, customize them and then save them to My Reports.
    3. Add the newly customized reports from My Reports back to the Toolbar.
    In all my years of using Quicken I only recall seeing that happen once and that was earlier this year.  I have had no issues with my customized reports since then.

This discussion has been closed.