Replacement Credit Card

Options
Till321
Till321 Member ✭✭
I have been downloading transactions from my bank into a credit card account. That card was cancelled due to a hack and a new card has been issued. How do I set up Quicken to transfer the balance from the old card and download new transactions into the new card?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Till321 said:
    So then any new transactions for the new card will show up and the old transactions will still be there?
    Yes. As far as you're concerned, it's the same account, just with a new account number.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That also happened to me, just last month.  I did NOT create a new account in Q. Rather, I deactivated the account from  download, which allowed me to blank out the old account number and re-activate the Q account with the new account number.
    After all, to me, it's all the same account.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Till321
    Till321 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am not clear on how you re-activate the old account with the new cc number. Can you explain exactly how you did that?
    thanks
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TOOLS, Account List, click EDIT adjacent to the account, click the "Online Services" tab and click Deactivate and follow instructions.
    Get back to the GENERAL tab and  delete the account number.
    Click "Online Services" and click Activate, and follow instructions.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Till321
    Till321 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So then any new transactions for the new card will show up and the old transactions will still be there?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Till321 said:
    Yes. As far as you're concerned, it's the same account, just with a new account number.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might I suggest that you enter a $0 transaction in at the point with wording that the account number changed at that point in time for future reference.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.