E*Trade Bank with MFA in Quicken Windows

Options
TMMac
TMMac Member ✭✭
I repeatedly (over many months) have not been able to auto download E*Trade Bank transactions because the Quicken/ET Bank account gives a CC-503 error. The cause of this problem is that I have MFA turned on at ET and Quicken can't seem to prompt me consistently for the 6 digit code. I continually get a dialog box that asks me if I changed settings/passwords, etc on the ET account. The simple answer is no I have not. I have reset the account almost weekly in Quicken. Every time I download I walk through the resolution process of resetting the account only to have to do it again the next time. The issue is that Quicken is not prompting me for the 6 digit MFA or Quicken is using the old 6 digit MFA which is obviously incorrect. When can the Quicken community get a resolution to this issue which (looks like lots of customers have posted as similar issue)

Answers

• TMMac
    TMMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    The latest set of errors in my Quicken vs E*Trade Bank rivalry is as follows. One Step Update Summary now shows CC-800 (instead of CC-503 error mentioned in my OG post). The error message reads, "it appears one or more accounts at ET Bank have been deleted." That is not the case. I can see my ET Bank in the Accounts left side panel and when I access ET's website. The account that Quicken thinks is deleted has a red circle next to it with a diagonal line going through the circle. The behavior I'm describing is a weekly occurrence. I think I've seen this behavior for at least the last 6 months. I wish updating accounts in Quicken was easier. Certain Schwab accounts still don't update. E*Trade problems with MFA. And noticed a few BofA updates that don't download transactions.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @TMMac,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error CC-800.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TMMac
    TMMac Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Anja for the reply. I went ahead and did all the steps in the troubleshooting instructions found in the linked support article you referenced. That was yesterday and the account successfully asked me for my MFA code. I have in the past tried the same troubleshooting but I usually end up with an error after a few days. Here we are today and I ran the One Step Update and the ET bank account came back with the CC-503 error so I think there is a lot more going on with Quicken/Etrade/MFA than having to deactivate the account and re-adding it. Look forward to having these auto downloads work consistently. Thank you.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Thank you for following up! 

In that case, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as the repeated errors will likely require an escalation to be filed.

I apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TMMac
    TMMac Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Wasted an hour with the support chat team. Quicken punted the ball back to Etrade and told me to call Etrade. [Removed - Rant/No Soliciting]
This discussion has been closed.