When I download transactions the date now changes to the posting date. (Q Mac)

RMOJR
RMOJR Member
How do I keep my original transaction date and not have it changed to the posting date?

Answers

  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Click menu Quicken > Preferences. On the Connected Services tab, uncheck the option indicated below...


    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RMOJR
    RMOJR Member
    RickO or anybody else I'm still having this issue and I do not have the selection checked. Any other thoughts?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is a known issue now that the preference setting is not being honored. People have fixed this by deleting the preference file and setting up preferences again from scratch. I think this is the only option until Quicken comes up with a fix.

    You can find the preferences file here: /Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/com.quicken.Quicken.plist

    To access your Library folder, click the Go menu in the Finder while holding down the Option key. Rather than delete the prefs file, move it to the Desktop so you can move it back if needed. Make a file backup and quit Quicken before doing this. You may also want to make screenshots of all your prefs for easy reference of what you need to manually reset.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2022
    RMOJR said:
    RickO or anybody else I'm still having this issue and I do not have the selection checked. Any other thoughts?

    Same here -- prefs setting confirmed.

      I did change the setting, then put it back the way I wanted with a quit/launch between changes --- maybe an alternative to RickOs deleting the plist.

      For some reason, only some transaction dates are changed. Most (but not all) changes were on "stale" transactions.

      That can be a record-keeping/ tax/ late charge issue if some payment/donation has a calendar deadline. 

      I have filed a problem report.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
      I did change the setting, then put it back the way I wanted with a quit/launch between changes --- maybe an alternative to RickOs deleting the plist.
    If the plist file is corrupted, then changing the setting, then quit, launch and change it back is not the same as deleting the plist. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭
    edited January 6
    What else does the plist control before I delete it? I am having the issue with Wells Fargo the past couple months.
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 7
    Alan said:
    What else does the plist control before I delete it? I am having the issue with Wells Fargo the past couple months.
    I tried it.

    It wipes out **everything**   :# .  The first thing you will need to do (after deleting that file) is activate the software ---   then continue on 

      Date changes still happened
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    gregneg said:
    Alan said:
    What else does the plist control before I delete it? I am having the issue with Wells Fargo the past couple months.
    I tried it. It wipes out **everything**   :# .
    I'm not sure what you mean by "everything". FWIW, I've replaced the .plist file (to solve a different problem), and I had to reset some Preference settings and re-authenticate my online accounts — but all my data was perfectly unchanged; it didn't take too long to be back to normal.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    jacobs said:
    gregneg said:
    I tried it. It wipes out **everything**   :# .
    I'm not sure what you mean by "everything". FWIW, I've replaced the .plist file (to solve a different problem), and I had to reset some Preference settings and re-authenticate my online accounts — but all my data was perfectly unchanged; it didn't take too long to be back to normal.


     You are right -- I should have clarified that the data file is still there. You still need to do "the dance" to bring it back in -- there are various ways to do it.