When I download transactions the date now changes to the posting date. (Q Mac)

RMOJR
RMOJR Member ✭✭
How do I keep my original transaction date and not have it changed to the posting date?

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Click menu Quicken > Preferences. On the Connected Services tab, uncheck the option indicated below...

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • RMOJR
    RMOJR Member ✭✭
    RickO or anybody else I'm still having this issue and I do not have the selection checked. Any other thoughts?
  • RickO
    There is a known issue now that the preference setting is not being honored. People have fixed this by deleting the preference file and setting up preferences again from scratch. I think this is the only option until Quicken comes up with a fix.

You can find the preferences file here: /Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/com.quicken.Quicken.plist

To access your Library folder, click the Go menu in the Finder while holding down the Option key. Rather than delete the prefs file, move it to the Desktop so you can move it back if needed. Make a file backup and quit Quicken before doing this. You may also want to make screenshots of all your prefs for easy reference of what you need to manually reset.
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited December 2022
    RMOJR said:
    RickO or anybody else I'm still having this issue and I do not have the selection checked. Any other thoughts?

Same here -- prefs setting confirmed.

I did change the setting, then put it back the way I wanted with a quit/launch between changes --- maybe an alternative to RickOs deleting the plist.

For some reason, only some transaction dates are changed. Most (but not all) changes were on "stale" transactions.

That can be a record-keeping/ tax/ late charge issue if some payment/donation has a calendar deadline. 

I have filed a problem report.

27" iMac 5K OS Ventura Quicken user since it was just a check register.

• RickO
      I did change the setting, then put it back the way I wanted with a quit/launch between changes --- maybe an alternative to RickOs deleting the plist.
    If the plist file is corrupted, then changing the setting, then quit, launch and change it back is not the same as deleting the plist. 
  • Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    What else does the plist control before I delete it? I am having the issue with Wells Fargo the past couple months.
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2023
    Alan said:
    What else does the plist control before I delete it? I am having the issue with Wells Fargo the past couple months.
    I tried it.

It wipes out **everything**   :# .  The first thing you will need to do (after deleting that file) is activate the software ---   then continue on 

Date changes still happened

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    gregneg said:
    Alan said:
    I tried it. It wipes out **everything**   :# .
    I'm not sure what you mean by "everything". FWIW, I've replaced the .plist file (to solve a different problem), and I had to reset some Preference settings and re-authenticate my online accounts — but all my data was perfectly unchanged; it didn't take too long to be back to normal.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gregneg
    gregneg Mac Beta Beta
    jacobs said:
    gregneg said:
    I tried it. It wipes out **everything**   :# .
    I'm not sure what you mean by "everything". FWIW, I've replaced the .plist file (to solve a different problem), and I had to reset some Preference settings and re-authenticate my online accounts — but all my data was perfectly unchanged; it didn't take too long to be back to normal.

You are right -- I should have clarified that the data file is still there. You still need to do "the dance" to bring it back in -- there are various ways to do it.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I tried deleting the plist and that did not work. Checked and unchecked the posted date box also. No change.
    Alan
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser, Mac Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMOJR said:
    How do I keep my original transaction date and not have it changed to the posting date?
    Alan said:
    I tried deleting the plist and that did not work. Checked and unchecked the posted date box also. No change.
    Alan
    Since it has been reported that clearing out the preferences file (.plist) has not solved the problem, I would try the following:
    1. turn off syncing: Preferences => Mobile, Web & Alerts => Sync: Off
    2. clear the preference: Preferences => Connected Services: Downloaded Transactions: Use posted date... => Unchecked
    3. quit Quicken.
    4. launch Quicken.
    5. verify the preference: Preferences => Connected Services: Downloaded Transactions: Use posted date... => Unchecked
    6. reset the Cloud Account: Preferences => Connected Services: Cloud Account: Reset button
    7. verify the preference: Preferences => Connected Services: Downloaded Transactions: Use posted date... => Unchecked
    This procedure seems like a long shot, but I am going on gut feel here and it won't do any harm. But a backup is always advised whenever doing a complicated (and not well documented) procedure.

One more thing that could be added to the above: before step 4, delete the Preferences (.plist file) as described by @RickO in a post back in December.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • macOS Monterey 12.6 on MacBook Pro 13" M1
This discussion has been closed.