Maximum number of Schwab accounts?

kh77777
kh77777 Member
I have 16 Schwab accounts I download into 5 different Quicken files. Every time I try to sync to Schwab, one or more accounts doesn't sync. So I have to reauthorize Schwab. But only some of the 16 accounts appear in the list of check boxes. There are different ones left off each time, so eventually I can sync them all, but it is very annoying, and each sync needs multiple Schwab reauthorizations. Anyone know what is going on? What I can try to make the Quicken-Schwab user experience less like torture?

Comments

• kh77777
    kh77777 Member
    Sorry, I meant: if I check all the accounts I want on the Schwab authorization screen, then some don't appear in the list back in Quicken. And random ones don't appear. That means I have to check fewer boxes in Schwab to make sure I get the ones I want in that Quicken file. So that deauthorizes them in the other Quicken files. UGH
  • kh77777
    kh77777 Member
    And even when they appear in the list to check off, sometimes they sync and sometimes they don't...
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, let's start with WHY multiple files?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question: Are any of these 16 accounts at Schwab being downloaded into two or more of these 5 files?  As I recall, Schwab was not going to allow this to occur.  Not sure if that's still the case or not.
  • GreenOak
    GreenOak Member ✭✭
    Assuming each Schwab account is going into only one Quicken file, you will need to set up a distinct Schwab on-line ID for each Quicken file. (That won't prevent you from still having authorization/access via Schwab to all your accounts from your current Schwab ID). In my case I had one Schwab on-line ID through which I had access to my and my mother's accounts, and two Quicken files - one with my accounts, and one with my mother's. After the transition, I needed to set up an additional Schwab on-line ID for my mother (I could do this because her tax ID was different than mine), and use that ID to connect to the Quicken file with her accounts.
This discussion has been closed.