Is anyone experiencing delayed downloads?

SandraStowell
SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
It appears that most? all? new transactions at my credit union will not download to Quicken until the following day.

Originally I thought this was only for transfers, but now also for external deposits, and maybe other transactions.

I tend to download every few days, so I have not tracked carefully. But I can log in to my CU now and see 3 transactions dated today, but Quicken cannot "see" them to download. I expect they will download tomorrow, TBD.

This is fairly recent behavior, maybe a couple of weeks or a month.
PTArtist.com

Best Answer

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Switching from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect could certainly cause a one day delay.

The fact is what is going to happen depends on the financial institution for slightly different reasons.
    For Direct Connect Quicken is talking directly to the financial institution’s OFX server.  Some financial institutions tie that OFX server directly into their systems and as such it can be realtime.  Others might transfer the data over to it periodically like at the end of the day.  USAA use to do it that way.

With Express Web Connect the flow is:
    Quicken -> Quicken Server -> Intuit Server -> financial institution’s website.

Some financial institutions will allow basically realtime access, but others force Intuit to only fetch transactions in a set window of time, say late at night when their servers aren’t busy.  So, depending when they are actually posted and when Intuit goes to pick them up they can miss those transactions and be delayed by a day, and on weekends it might be even longer.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us the name of your CU (as displayed there) and the method of download (also shown there).

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Boeing Employees Credit Union (aka BECU) now using Express Web Connect.
    I am also finding my opening balance in Quicken getting changed... Q R45.13
    PTArtist.com
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are multiple problems with the R45 version.  I'd recommend downloading and installing R44.28 from here:

• SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    But will it handle my R45 file without issues?
    And this is listed as a patch ... so I need to install R44, then patch?
    PTArtist.com
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's not file conversion involved. R44 and R45 (and many versions before them) all use the same file layout.
    Downloading and installing R44.28 is ALL that you need to do.

• SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    There's not file conversion involved. R44 and R45 (and many versions before them) all use the same file layout.
    Downloading and installing R44.28 is ALL that you need to do.

How does R44 deal with the banks Express Connect?  I am wondering if this is the root of my problems. Chase cc issues seemed to start with that switchover, and now my CU uses it and downloads there are delayed & reconcile is problematic.
    PTArtist.com
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Switching from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect could certainly cause a one day delay.

The fact is what is going to happen depends on the financial institution for slightly different reasons.
    For Direct Connect Quicken is talking directly to the financial institution’s OFX server.  Some financial institutions tie that OFX server directly into their systems and as such it can be realtime.  Others might transfer the data over to it periodically like at the end of the day.  USAA use to do it that way.

With Express Web Connect the flow is:
    Quicken -> Quicken Server -> Intuit Server -> financial institution’s website.

Some financial institutions will allow basically realtime access, but others force Intuit to only fetch transactions in a set window of time, say late at night when their servers aren’t busy.  So, depending when they are actually posted and when Intuit goes to pick them up they can miss those transactions and be delayed by a day, and on weekends it might be even longer.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank
    Signature:
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    OK, so we have taken a giant step backwards now with Express Connect?

This is NEW for my CU (BECU). Previously I could make a transaction in online banking, then log out and download to Quicken immediately.

I did not choose to switch to the new connection method; I have no choice if I want to download transactions from both my credit union and my credit card company now. And Express Connect is very unreliable in Quicken, with known problems of duplicate transactions, missing transactions, and opening balance changed in Quicken. Also it seems, this delay before you can download posted transactions.
    PTArtist.com
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you are giving only the choice of "use this" or nothing.  This is what you do.   Note it isn't Quicken Inc making this decision, it is the financial institution.  On the other hand, they definitely "support it".
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.