Automatic putting transactions into categories

Options
acha
acha Member
I downloaded from BOA via a link and marked some transactions into their own categories. Next month when I update will they automatically go into their own category or do I have to make a rule of some sort. If it is a rule, how do I do that.

Second, can I get from Bank of America more than one year of automatic links, if not can I do the past two years say manually.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @acha

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

You would need to create a renaming rule so that future transactions will automatically download with the categories of your choosing. You can follow this link for more information regarding how to create a renaming rule. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• acha
    acha Member
    Options
    Thanks Jasmine, I tired that, however - "add a rule" only has options for Change Payee to a "New Name". I want to leave the name as is but just put it in a category I created. Thanks
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @acha

My apologies for the miscommunication. 

You would need to create a memorized payee in order to have categories automatically assigned to new transactions. You can follow this link for information on how to access and create memorized payees.

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.