Account transaction and Online balance

jhirizarry
jhirizarry Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Mac)
Hopefully I explain this correctly. I have linked my TRowe Price account to Quicken. I also have my contributions deducted from my pay and directly deposited into TROWE. The problem is that I am accounting for this deposit in Quicken from my pay and it shows as a transfer the the TROWE account in quicken. In other words, I have categories for my pay that breaks down all the deductions, i.e, federal taxes, state taxes, medicare, etc. The contribution towards TROWE also is a deduction, but shows as a transfer to the TROWE account. So for example, if my online balance is 1,000 and I show the contribution from my paycheck into the TROWE account, the balance in the that account is reduced by the amount I transferred from my pay. It shows it as a CASH transaction (negative amount), because the online account is already accounting for the contribution. I hope that makes sense. IOW, if I did not track the details of my pay in Quicken and just entered the Net pay, this would not be a problem. How does one account for this and still have the ability to show the breakdown of ones pay? Thanks! John

Comments

• Hello @jhirizarry,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with these questions. 

We recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and utilize functions such as screen share. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.