subcategories not hidden in report with subcategories hide all

Craig Hollister
Craig Hollister Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Reports (Windows)
I'm noticing a bug in Cash Flow reports with Subcategories: Hide all selected from the Advanced tab. Even though the report is customized to hide all subcategories, some top-level categories are still shown broken out into subcategories and subtotaled. Seems to happen only when the subcategory is used in a split, and then only when it is a WriteChk transaction in a Brokerage account, not a regular Checking account.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Craig Hollister,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• I Validate before each version update, and the bug existed before and after the update to 45.13 version.
  • Here's a minimal test case, take you about 5 minutes:
    1. Create a new Quicken data file
    2. Take the default and synch it to the cloud.
    3. Add an offline Checking account.
    4. Add an offline Brokerage account.
    5. Add and save a Payment transaction in the Checking transaction, with the amount split between two subcategories of Auto & Transport.
    6. Add and save a WriteChk transaction in the Brokerage account, with the amount split between two subcategories of Bills & Utilities.
    7. Run a default Cash Flow report, and customize it to include both accounts. Note the subtotals for both top-level categories.
    8. Customize the report again with Subcategories: Hide all selected from the Advanced tab. Note that there are still subtotals for the Bills & Utilities top-level category (the one used in the Brokerage account) even though we said Hide all.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up with detailed steps to replicate.

I did attempt to replicate the issue but was not able to do so. At this point, I advise reaching out to Quicken Support directly instead for further assistance and possible escalation.

Apologies for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.