Investment transactions not downloading shares in trade

Options
goodfill
goodfill Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Investing (Windows)
This has been an ongoing issue and shares in a transaction do not download anymore and have not been for at least a month. I add them in and the downloaded transaction is corrected but this takes time since investment transactions process slower than molasses going uphill. Please advise on a solution or when this will be corrected. This happens with ML and TDA so it would appear to be an issue with quicken and not the brokers.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a known problem with R45XX, though I can't seem to find in in the Alerts, Online Banking & Known Product Issues area.  Others have noticed the same thing, e.g.,
    I'd suggest dropping back to an earlier version where the problem doesn't exist.  The link above has a discussion with a link to the suggested roll back version.
  • goodfill
    goodfill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks and I saw that the roll back is a possible temporary work around but to me it is something that I/we should expect Quicken to acknowledge the problem and fix it for what we are paying. I've used it since the late 90's and the support vs cost is disappointing when a problem exists. Having a message bord to hopefully report issues is not a solution to me. Tried phone support on it being so slow and got nowhere either. Be interesting to see if anyone is paying attention since this problem has been reported by several others with no real response.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    goodfill said:
    Thanks and I saw that the roll back is a possible temporary work around but to me it is something that I/we should expect Quicken to acknowledge the problem and fix it for what we are paying. I've used it since the late 90's and the support vs cost is disappointing when a problem exists. Having a message bord to hopefully report issues is not a solution to me. Tried phone support on it being so slow and got nowhere either. Be interesting to see if anyone is paying attention since this problem has been reported by several others with no real response.
    The Quicken moderators have in fact acknowledged this problem and it has been officially submitted.
    From then main thread (the "answer" in the thread, bac in November):
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20313307/#Comment_20313307

And this announcement may or may not include that they are going to release a fix shortly (there are problems with options too, so one doesn't know which they are talking about):
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7925572/new-12-14-22-users-reporting-missing-stock-option-information-with-quicken-for-windows
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • goodfill
    goodfill Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your answer and links, for me it is with both options and stock transactions.
This discussion has been closed.