Switch all scheduled bills to new bank account - Quicken Starter Edition subscription

Options
K5WA
K5WA Member
I'm changing banks and hope there is a relatively easy way to assign my new bank to currently scheduled bills and reminders rather than recreate each one in the new account. I've already added the new bank as an account and it syncs well with that bank.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @K5WA

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question. 

You will need to navigate to Edit this instance and all future instances and change the account with which the bills are linked to. You will have to do this for each bill as unfortunately there is no bulk change option. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• K5WA
    K5WA Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply Jasmine but I don't see a "Edit this instance and all future instances" selection. Where would I find this?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hello @K5WA,

I absolutely can assist you. 

To change a bill or income reminder:

1. Select the Bills & Income tab.
    2. Select the Bills tab to display your upcoming reminders. If you have combined tabs, you may see this listed as Bills, Income & Transfers.
    3. Choose the reminder you want to edit and use the down arrow to select one of the following options.
    • Select Edit this instance and all future instances to change all your future reminders for this bill. Then you will choose From account: The financial institution account you will pay the bill from.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• K5WA
    K5WA Member
    Options
    Thanks for trying again Jasmine but "Edit this instance and all future instances" is only available from a very small percentage of my bills shown. Most of mine show "Delete this and all future instances" as my only choice for my bills (about 45 of them). I guess I'll just have to manually copy and recreate all of these bills in the new account. I guess my subscription version of Quicken is not what you are able to see.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K5WA said:
    Thanks for trying again Jasmine but "Edit this instance and all future instances" is only available from a very small percentage of my bills shown. Most of mine show "Delete this and all future instances" as my only choice for my bills (about 45 of them). I guess I'll just have to manually copy and recreate all of these bills in the new account. I guess my subscription version of Quicken is not what you are able to see.
    What does the Action button say for these reminders?
    If it says "Edit ▼", click Edit. This brings up an Edit Reminder dialog where you can change the From account.
    If it says "Enter ▼", click "▼" then click "Edit this and all future instances" and you'll get a similar Edit Reminder dialog.
  • K5WA
    K5WA Member
    Options
    Thanks UKR, but my version shows the Account "hardwired" and doesn't allow me to change it by using Edit. The drop down only shows "Delete this instance...". It is very weird because one of my 40 bills DID show "Edit this and all future instances". I switched that one to the new account but there are no others like that. I have been on Quicken user or many years so maybe this is a legacy conversion deficiency but I'm currently showing Starter Edition Version R45.21, Build 27.1.45.21 for Win 11 Enterprise in the About Quicken box.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does one of the reminders showing "Edit" give you an Edit Reminder dialog which looks like this?
    The "To account" line shows the account name to which (in this case my Soc Sec) is deposited into. Changing the account by clicking on its name or clicking the pulldown button on its right side shows me a list of account to select from. Make the change, click Done.
    What do you get? Can you capture an image of what you are seeing to a JPG, PNG or GIF file and the drag and drop the file into your next Comment?
  • K5WA
    K5WA Member
    Options
    Here's what I get. I only get the drop down for Category
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K5WA said:
    Here's what I get. I only get the drop down for Category
    Ah! That's where the problem is.
    You're using a repeating online payment, to be executed by WF. You need to cancel and delete it before you can recreate it as repeating online payment at the new bank, provided that the new bank supports it through Quicken.
  • K5WA
    K5WA Member
    Options
    OK, well, that's why I'm manually transferring all repeating bills (which are the only type I have). It sure would be nice if the capability to simply switch banks were offered. Then again, I probably will never do this again, I hope! I've used WF for 39 years until they decided to cancel my name (long story).
    Thanks for confirming I need to do this one at a time rather than a batch.
    Merry Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.