Quicken say Amer Express Hi Yield Savings Needs a "one time code"

Options
Doug
Doug Member ✭✭✭
When I try to do a "One Step Update", I get a message that Amex Hi Yield needs to send a one time code. I chose to have the code sent by text. The code came, but there is no where that I can find to enter the code!
I've just updated to R45.2of Quicken Premium on Windows 11.
Does anyone have a clue what I'm supposed to do with the code once it has been sent? Without it, I get an error message from Quicken, and the update doesn't work.
Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Doug

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the American Express Hi Yield account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with the 2FA code. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    While I appreciate this info, I've had American Express Hi Yield on Quicken for a number of years! This is new to the new version I downloaded. So ... I'm not sure why I need to jump through the hoops when it's obviously something between Quicken and American Express. If you have a way for Quicken to correct this, let me know. Otherwise, I'll go to AMEX to see what they say.
    Thanks.
  • Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    OK! Tried this again after several hours. This time, I was again asked to get a "one time code". I got the code via email. After waiting a few minutes, I went back to Quicken, and there was a blank in which to enter the code. Once I did that, the update proceeded normally.
    Never mind!
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Doug

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution, thank you for coming back and sharing. 

Don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.