Quicken is again missing transactions with Bank of America downloads

BobSr
BobSr Member
The mondo fix that was completed for Bank of America a month ago, is once again, missing transactions.

Comments

• Hello @BobSr

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

Due to the nature of this issue and the recent migration with Bank of America, we suggest reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for the first time ever, my QWin missed 2 of my BofA transactions yesterday. Since I now go to their site to pay my bills (grumble), I look at the transactions while I'm there and fix up Quicken to match. I'm running R44.28, did it get any better in any subsequent release?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for the first time ever, my QWin missed 2 of my BofA transactions yesterday. Since I now go to their site to pay my bills (grumble), I look at the transactions while I'm there and fix up Quicken to match. I'm running R44.28, did it get any better in any subsequent release?
    Was there any pattern to the missed transactions? Like they were for your daily Peet’s coffee order, which is always for the same amount?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    mshiggins said:
    Was there any pattern to the missed transactions? Like they were for your daily Peet’s coffee order, which is always for the same amount?
    Nope, they were both one-off transactions. One was a paper check and the other was a payment from checking to BofA credit card.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Sporadic missing transactions have become a norm rather than an exception since about 6 months ago and from my observation it has nothing to do with the version of Quicken.  I say that since my main file is still a release from Last January which has been my most stable release.  Yes, I test with the latest as well (under a different QID) which are riddled with many additional issues compared to the old release.
    In my case, the sporadic missing transactions are isolated to EWC banking accounts (CC's have been accurate so far).  And when it works again, I never get back the older missing ones.  Hence I have to manually enter them.  Even deactivate/reactivating the account does not download the missing ones and leaves a gap.
    To me this suggests that the issue is on the aggregator side where it pulls the data nighty from the FIs.  Just a guess.  As I commented on a different post, I have stopped trusting the accuracy of Quicken data and I treat the program as an approximation of my finances.
    Additional data:
    * I have two QIDs.  So the missing transactions for the same bank are not in sync for both QIDs.  Example: I have missing transactions Dec 1-3 in BofA with QID-1.  With QID-2, for the same account, I may have missing transactions Dec 10-15.
    * I have both, cash and investments with Schwab (EWC+).  I could have missing Interest transactions in the cash portion of the account but the dividends download fine for the same period in the same account.
    * I discover this issue about once a month, so the manual data entry to correct it is not bad because we don't have many banking transactions.  If it happened with CCs where we may have many daily transactions, I'd quit.
    P.S. I know R45.13 was supposed to fix this but unfortunately it doesn't.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

This discussion has been closed.