BancFirst and Credit Union One of Oklahoma not downloading transactions

I have to go to these two banks and download the transactions from the website and then import them. Why won't they come in via One Step Update?

Answers

• Hello @Morgaine

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions from these financial institutions? Do you receive any error codes or messages when attempting to update these accounts or connect them to online services? What is your connection method with BancFirst and Credit Union One of Oklahoma? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Morgaine
    Morgaine Member
    When I do the One Step Update, I get transactions from a couple of other accounts, but the Credit Union One accounts just say 0 transactions but don't give an error; BancFirst gives me an error that I think is on the bank side, and I'll contact them. The BancFirst says, "yes (improve connection)," and when I try that link, it says BancFirst has locked me out. So I'll contact them about that. However, the Credit Union One accounts say, "yes (express web connect."
  • Hello @Morgaine

Thank you for providing more information. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Credit Union One of Oklahoma account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with transactions not downloading. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Morgaine
    Morgaine Member
    I waited until today to answer because I created the account yesterday, and Quicken downloaded all the transactions back one year. However, I wanted to see if it would download transactions today so it would be more like an ongoing account. I checked the account to make sure there were new transactions, and there were, but Quicken did not download them today.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgaine said:
    I waited until today to answer because I created the account yesterday, and Quicken downloaded all the transactions back one year. However, I wanted to see if it would download transactions today so it would be more like an ongoing account. I checked the account to make sure there were new transactions, and there were, but Quicken did not download them today.
    With accounts connected using Express Web Connect, a data aggregator server at Quicken or Intuit comes into the picture. There's a chance that it might take an extra day for the server to pick up your new account and provide data regularly. It's also possible that some transactions posted at the bank are still "in flight" or "pending" and need overnight processing to be confirmed and made available for downloading with Quicken. Give it a couple of working days to see if things improve.

• Morgaine
    Morgaine Member
    That seems to have worked. How do I make it do that in my real file?
  • Morgaine
    Morgaine Member
    How can I transport this result into my main file?
  • Hello @Morgaine

Thank you for attempting the test file. 

Next, I suggest you navigate back to your main file and try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve itPlease, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.