Downloading transactions not working at all on all accounts

Options
For more than a month downloading transactions has not worked for me. I hit "Download Transactions" at the bottom of any account, and the window for downloading transactions expands. I hit "Download Transactions" at the top of that expanded window and nothing happens. Nothing. The window for One Step downloading fails to open. This has been the case for more than a month. I have been able to download, however, by hitting the "Reconcile an Account" icon, which gets me a popup window with an option to download transactions before reconciling. For the past month, I've been able to download thru reconciling. This morning that stopped working, too. Hitting the "Reconcile an Account" icon only gets that popup window for reconciling. It no longer gives the option to first download. I've restarted my computer and the program. Same results. There is currently no way for me to download transactions, which, for me, is the number one reason I use Quicken.

Comments

• paulnue
    paulnue Member
    Options
    I subsequently went to the Tools menu, One Step Update, and that worked. But why don't the other ways into the update work through each account window? They used to work and don't anymore.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @paulnue,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest that you sign out of your data file completely and then sign back in. In doing so, you will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services.

Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• clstrawn
    clstrawn Member
    Options
    Yes! This finally solved my transaction download issues that have been plaguing me since August!
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    paulnue said:
    For more than a month downloading transactions has not worked for me. I hit "Download Transactions" at the bottom of any account, and the window for downloading transactions expands. I hit "Download Transactions" at the top of that expanded window and nothing happens. Nothing. The window for One Step downloading fails to open. This has been the case for more than a month. I have been able to download, however, by hitting the "Reconcile an Account" icon, which gets me a popup window with an option to download transactions before reconciling. For the past month, I've been able to download thru reconciling. This morning that stopped working, too. Hitting the "Reconcile an Account" icon only gets that popup window for reconciling. It no longer gives the option to first download. I've restarted my computer and the program. Same results. There is currently no way for me to download transactions, which, for me, is the number one reason I use Quicken.
    @paulnue, the button has been changed to a tiny circular arrow icon. Please see the comment for a picture showing the new icon:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20301925/#Comment_20301925

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.