Sandia Area Federal Credit Union Will Not Update or Download Transactions

Options
Bruce Rose
Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
My bank account(s) will not update, even though the bank website shows correct entries on all of my savings and checking accounts..  No updates from SAFCU on 'One Step Update' or choosing 'Update Now' on a single SAFCU bank account.

Comments

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    P.S.  -  I have closed and restarted Quicken, Restarted PC, Rebooted PC, Stopped VPN, Rebooted VPN, Disabled VPN.  This problem appears to also exist on my CITI Visa card account as well.
  • Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    P.P.S.  -  My AMEX accounts, SYNCHRONY  and  CHASEBANK Visas accounts appear to be working properly.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Bruce Rose

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What exactly occurs when attempting to update your accounts? Do you receive any error codes or messages? What is the connection method with Sandia Area FCU and CitiBank? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For 'Quicken Jasmine':- Thank you for your response...

The accounts in question do not update when I use 'one step update' or when I use 'update now' on individual accounts  I do not receive any error codes or messages.  SAFCU is express web connect and CitiBank is direct connect.  I just tried one step update, and no accounts showed any activity results.

Also, I don't think my Schwab accounts are updating as well.

This started happening after the last Quicken program update...I think.

Regards,
    -Bruce
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The accounts in question do not update when I use 'one step update' or when I use 'update now' on individual accounts  I do not receive any error codes or messages.  SAFCU is express web connect and CitiBank is direct connect.  I just tried one step update, and no accounts showed any activity results.

Regards,
    -Bruce
    Hello @Bruce Rose,   

We are sorry to hear about these ongoing issues with online banking services, and thank you for answering the earlier questions about these accounts' connection method.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Sandia-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issues occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

Let us know about your results, if you get the chance. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Citi Credit Cards only: authorization problems or CC-502

You need to allow Quicken to access your Citi credit card account.
    Follow the procedure at https://citi.com/datamanagement
    This may not work for Citi Checking, Savings accounts

• Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:

Thank you for the input...I had already granted Quicken access to the CITI account.

Regards,
    -Bruce
    Hello @Bruce Rose,   

We are sorry to hear about these ongoing issues with online banking services, and thank you for answering the earlier questions about these accounts' connection method.

If you have the chance, you could save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then create a 'test' data file by going to the same menu and selecting New Quicken File... Next, choose New Quicken File in the screen that follows, and then click OK. After this, choose a file location on your computer and then click Save. Choose Don't use mobile and web when prompted. 

You may then add your Sandia-associated accounts by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol. Let us know if you see the same issues occurring in the test data file once this is attempted. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Hello Quicken Jared!  Thank you for your detailed instructions/suggestions.  Can we just bump this up to tech support so I can send logs, etc?  This just started about a week ago, so something has changed after the last update.  I'm just thinking that it could save some time and possibly help other users out, if Tech Support finds and corrects an issue.  CHEERS!

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    UKR said:

Thank you for the input...I had already granted Quicken access to the CITI account.

Regards,
    -Bruce
    Hello @Bruce Rose,   

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Hello Quicken Jared!  Thank you for your detailed instructions/suggestions.  Can we just bump this up to tech support so I can send logs, etc?  This just started about a week ago, so something has changed after the last update.  I'm just thinking that it could save some time and possibly help other users out, if Tech Support finds and corrects an issue.  CHEERS!

Hello @Bruce Rose,  

Thank you for getting back to us about whether or not authorization for you accounts has been enabled, and we apologize that this frustrating problem is continuing. 

I will definitely continue to correspond with you about this, and all the information available about this matter will be forwarded to the proper channels when necessary, but in the meantime it will be vital to our efforts to investigate the issue to proceed through certain steps. In this case, trying to connect your accounts in a test file using the previously-provided steps will help us to further isolate the problem. If you get the chance to create a test file, let us know what results you notice. 

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to any further information you may be able to provide this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Bruce Rose
    Bruce Rose Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:

Regards,
    -Bruce
    Hello @Bruce Rose,   

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

Hello @Bruce Rose,  

Thank you for getting back to us about whether or not authorization for you accounts has been enabled, and we apologize that this frustrating problem is continuing. 

I will definitely continue to correspond with you about this, and all the information available about this matter will be forwarded to the proper channels when necessary, but in the meantime it will be vital to our efforts to investigate the issue to proceed through certain steps. In this case, trying to connect your accounts in a test file using the previously-provided steps will help us to further isolate the problem. If you get the chance to create a test file, let us know what results you notice. 

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to any further information you may be able to provide this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
    Happy Friday, Jared:

Ok, I'm a bonehead...Everything is working fine now...all accounts appear to be updating correctly.  What happened, you may ask...I recently changed the account password on the bank website, but failed to update that info in the account password data in Quicken.  Once I did that, the account properly updated on one step update.  

Perhaps Quicken could return an error message if there is a password conflict or failure to log in to an account during the one step update process??

Thank you for your patience and continuing support.  Happy New Year to all and CHEERS!

-Bruce 
This discussion has been closed.