Subscription

BenMD
BenMD Member ✭✭
edited January 2023 in Before you Buy
I see that I can purchase through Costco at a 40% reduced price. Their web site does not state if this is valid for existing or for new purchases. Anyone have any insight? My subscription is coming due and need to decide what to do.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't appear to be the New Subscriber Only version of Quicken. I don't see that on the box in the picture. I think Costco offers a money back guarantee as well.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • BenMD
    BenMD Member ✭✭
    I logged into my account and do not see how I can add a subscription license if I purchased it elsewhere
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There are some retail boxes which are labeled for new subscribers only and some which are not. If there's nothing indicating the product you are buying is only for new subscribers, then it should work; if it doesn't, you should have recourse with Costco to refund your purchase price.

That said, I believe the 40% off pricing is frequently offered for new subscribers, but rarely for existing subscribers, so make sure you check the fine print/footnotes before purchasing. ;) 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Greg_the_Geek
    BenMD said:
    I logged into my account and do not see how I can add a subscription license if I purchased it elsewhere
    From Quicken --> Help --> Manage Your Subscription --> Enter Activation Code...
  • BenMD
    BenMD Member ✭✭
    Do not see that option. The only option is to renew the subscription. See attached.
  • BenMD
    BenMD Member ✭✭
    OK. I see it in the UI of the software. Not on the website. Thx.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't appear to be the New Subscriber Only version of Quicken. I don't see that on the box in the picture. I think Costco offers a money back guarantee as well.

I don't know if someone is playing around with the images, but this image clearly shows "new subscribers" or are you showing an example of a "new subscribers" box version?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• BenMD
    BenMD Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    I think that was an example. The Costco picture does not show that.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    @splasher, yes I was trying to show the New Subscribers Only version since the Costco picture didn't show it.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Unfortunately, the picture on many websites may not be an accurate depiction of what they are actually shipping. In the case of Quicken, I recommend taking a screen shot or printing the page on the website in case you receive and activation code which Quicken says is only for new users; you’d then have evidence to show Costco that what you bought does not match what they showed on their website when you bought it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.