Unable to Sync with Wealthfront

I can no longer connect to my Wealthfront accounts via Quicken Connect. I keep getting a message asking if I mis typed my username or password. I have carefully verified both at Wealthfront.com and while attempting to set my connection in Quicken. I am consistently able to log in to my Welathfront account at their website but through Quicken, my verified carefully typed credentials are rejected.

Answers

  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    edited December 2022
    I can no longer connect to my Wealthfront accounts via Quicken Connect. I keep getting a message asking if I mis typed my username or password. I have carefully verified both at Wealthfront.com and while attempting to set my connection in Quicken. I am consistently able to log in to my Welathfront account at their website but through Quicken, my verified carefully typed credentials are rejected.
    Hello @BondColonel,   

    I am sorry about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community. 

    If you have the chance, it would help us to troubleshoot the situation if you could save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open and then create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:


    1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Choose appropriate default categories based on geographic location
    6. Click Next
    7. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    8. Click Next 

    You may then add your Wealthfront-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the upper left-hand side of the screen, denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

    I look forward to hearing back from you about your results. 

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • B_d
    B_d Member ✭✭
    Hello,

    I'm having exactly the same problem.
  • B_d
    B_d Member ✭✭
    > @B_d said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having exactly the same problem.

    @Quicken Jared, I followed your directions above and got the same results. It asks if I mistyped my sign-in information and prompts me to re-enter.
  • B_d said:
    > @B_d said:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm having exactly the same problem.

    @Quicken Jared, I followed your directions above and got the same results. It asks if I mistyped my sign-in information and prompts me to re-enter.
    Hello @B_d,   

    I am sorry that you appear to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for letting me know about the results from the test file that you have witnessed.

    Are you receiving any particular error codes when this message appears? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

    I look forward to your answer.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • B_d
    B_d Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @B_d,   
    >
    > I am sorry that you appear to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for letting me know about the results from the test file that you have witnessed.
    >
    > Are you receiving any particular error codes when this message appears? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 
    >
    > I look forward to your answer.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

    Hi @Quicken Jared

    No, there's no particular error code that comes up. There's just a message prompting me to re-enter my login information. Please see attached screenshot.

    Thank you!
  • B_d
    B_d Member ✭✭
    > @B_d said:
    > > @Quicken Jared said:
    > > Hello @B_d,   
    > >
    > > I am sorry that you appear to be affected by this issue, as well. Thank you for letting me know about the results from the test file that you have witnessed.
    > >
    > > Are you receiving any particular error codes when this message appears? Is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 
    > >
    > > I look forward to your answer.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Quicken Jared 
    >
    > Hi @Quicken Jared
    >
    > No, there's no particular error code that comes up. There's just a message prompting me to re-enter my login information. Please see attached screenshot.
    >
    > Thank you!

    @Quicken Jared,

    Follow-up: I spoke with Wealthfront and they suggested creating an app-specific password via my Wealthfront account. I did that and proceeded to log in successfully to and connect my Wealthfront account to Quicken. However, it would not add my investment account. It added a Wealthfront line of credit account--which I do not have--with $0.00 in it instead. My investment account was not found.
  • BondColonel
    BondColonel Member ✭✭
    App Specific password did not generate a different result. Still not able to connect to Wealthfront using Quicken Connect. I guess I'll have to choose between Wealthfront and Quicken by changing to anther broker or another financial software app.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Moderator mod
    Hello @BondColonel and @B_d

    I am sorry to hear that these issues are continuing. Thank you for letting us know about your results from previous troubleshooting efforts, and after attempting instructions provided by the financial institution.

    Unfortunately, if these issues are continuing across data files and the Connection Type involved is Quicken Connect, then I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to document and troubleshoot this issue in greater details with the resources and tools uniquely available to them. I wish that I could provide a resolution from the Quicken Community, but this represents the next necessary step in addressing this issue. 

    I hope that this is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

    Thank you,

    Quicken Jared 
  • BondColonel
    BondColonel Member ✭✭
    This thread has been of no help. I tried everything suggested. Nothing works. Every time I try to sync, I get the same message: Have you mistyped your credentials? Please retype them.

    I have done the tens of times. Slowly and carefully using app specific passwords and the password I use to log onto Wealthfront. Neither work.

    I regret allowing my Quicken subscription to renew.
  • dpward
    dpward Member ✭✭
    Also reported by Windows users: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7926819/adding-a-wealthfront-account

    @Quicken Jared As described at the other link, I did attempt to reach Customer Support, who insisted that the FI would somehow need to fix this, without seeming to understand that FI quite literally has zero control over Quicken's aggregator. Kindly escalate.