Will not let me recategorize transactions

Options
Rlupo
Rlupo Member ✭✭
Quicken will not let me recategorize transactions, I'm trying to re-categorize 10 transactions and nothing happens. I have done this dozens of times but it no longer works, Quicken tech support is totally worthless. I validated my file and still doesn't work.

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check to make sure that you have free space on your hard drive.  I ran into this the other day with my encrypted data vault which had run out of room and Quicken was not saving anything without giving me an error.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Genny
    Genny Member
    Options
    Same issue here. And I have plenty of hard drive space available.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WHY are you unable to assign a new category to a transaction?  What happens?  HOW are you trying this?
    Because I have no problems with changing/editing any field in any transaction.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• DCP
    DCP Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Options
    This is a very difficult problem to recreate. I worked with support for 1.5 hours, they observed me having the problem. They acknowledge that it is a problem for me. But, since they cannot recreate it on their end, they basically gave up. In fact they closed the ticket on December 19, 2022. In the survey emailed to me it stated "Please don't delete this reference number: {"Ticket ID":"9902822"}"

I have been a user since 1996. I use this feature the same way I have always done. Tech support agrees I am using it correctly. Something is broken, it certainly works for most, but not for all. Please see attached scree picture in the following comment.

Today is February, 1, 2023. I first reported the December 2022. The issue is not resolved.

DCP
    Damon C. Perry
    Quicken User starting 1996.
  • DCP
    DCP Member ✭✭
    Options
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DCP said:
    I have attached a picture showing the issue
    @DCP I believe this Alert confirms your issue:  
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7928092/updated-1-28-23-qwin-unable-to-retag-and-add-memos-transactions-from-report#latest
This discussion has been closed.