OSU Issues

Options
13»

Comments

• TRbacon
    TRbacon Member
    Options
    Thia is for Quicken Jared. I also have this problem and spent hours with support yesterday. They went through all the steps above including resetting the cloud and I also cannot get the One Step Update to work. Some of my accounts update, some don't. Reset, online disconnect and recconnect does not work. Has there been any solution to this yet?
  • CWL7454
    CWL7454 Member
    Options
    As others, my update froze; only way to exit was task manager. When I went to reopen it said that it was missing a runtime file and to restart the computer. I did, tried again & again. In troubleshooting it said to restart computer if fails to start uninstall & download; uninstalled all program files with wise uninstaller safe mode. Went to Quicken, downloaded and started to install but then stopped saying that it couldn't continue because of a previous version. Tried & tried again. Your download site only option says that it will uninstall previous then install. There is no Quicken on the computer to uninstall. Plenty of back up files but no program files. The patch will not work. Need the app only to download & install and they are closed.
  • ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Back on Nov 30th, I wrote:
    "To better understand the issue, try to systemize what type of connection each of the accounts has. I noticed that Express Web Connect is causing freezing of the One Step Update vs. Direct Connect."

Check it out.
  • earlsalvey
    earlsalvey Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken seems to be updating OK for me now.
  • janetmac
    janetmac Member
    Options
    Cannot do One Step Update any longer, getting error: "Quicken online service is unavailable at this time." Have tried validating etc. Definitely need some repair as my Fidelity account says the bank is Bank of America NOT! And I haven't been able to get Bank of America credit card to update because of this for a while. But now NOTHING will update. I will try Super Validate, but I think the latest update caused this mess, and can't contact support until Dec. 27. :(
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    janetmac said:
    Cannot do One Step Update any longer, getting error: "Quicken online service is unavailable at this time." Have tried validating etc. Definitely need some repair as my Fidelity account says the bank is Bank of America NOT! And I haven't been able to get Bank of America credit card to update because of this for a while. But now NOTHING will update. I will try Super Validate, but I think the latest update caused this mess, and can't contact support until Dec. 27. :(
    If the financial institutions are wrong on the Accounts Details, then you will need to deactivate all the accounts affected, and then use Tools -> Add Accounts to add them back in and be careful to link the online accounts to the correct account in Quicken.

Note you aren't going crazy, it has been reported by some people that when they have done the Bank of America reauthorize that Quicken somehow changed the financial institution information for accounts it shouldn't have touched.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • CWL7454
    CWL7454 Member
    Options
    ZQkn; Is this response for me?
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When OSU freezes or takes 10-15 minutes for me, it has ALWAYS been a problem with an Online Biller. I suggest try to uncheck Online Billers for the OSU settings. If it returns to normal, then you lknow ONE (maybe more) of the online billers is the issue. For me, usually TWO that Quicken acknowledges has issues - AT&T and Wells Fargo. AT&T will screw up OSU every tiome for me. Removing the Online Biller has OSU quick and completeing once again.
    Would be most interested to see if this helps you folks.
    Change OSU settings. Uncheck Update Bills.
This discussion has been closed.