OSU Issues

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: OneStep update is slow/freezing/not working.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear that you are being affected by these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

I recommend submitting program log files by navigating to Help > Report a problem in the upper menu at the top of the screen. You may then include a brief description of the issue as well as any available screenshots you may have along with the data logs. Although we will investigate this issue further, we do not have an ETA on a resolution, and you will not receive a response through these submissions, as these are used purely for investigative purposes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared

• ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    BTW, I am discovering, and it was confirmed by Quicken support person, that that feature won’t work unless one sends the report with front page of the open file as a default screenshot.

This is very inconvenient as one would want to protect his/her privacy. The page, in my case, lists all the accounts and the balances. To submit the Problem Report, I would have to go back and hide that window. In the meantime I would lose whatever was already written there and start over again. A cumbersome feature/process.
  • AnnieS
    AnnieS Member
    I am a Discover card holder and recently had to shift away from controlling my own downloads to allowing Quicken to automatically do this as a result of a change with Discover. (Some time ago it seemed like the automatic updates weren't working ideally for me so I have for a long while done my own downloads when it suits me, typically at the end of each month.) This has been a messy experience, at best. I love Discover, but I don't love that I can no longer download a file directly from its website myself. Anyway, with this new requirement for Discover, I was trying to allow all our accounts to automatically update Quicken but it has not gone well. Reading through the comments here, it seems to me that Quicken has some issues that need to be corrected. Rather than sending customers through so many hoops, I hope that Quicken will work to make these processes function more smoothly. Thank you.
  • mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    So Jared, Quicken isn't going to be helping with this problem. I'll have to keep manually downloading from each financial institution. Except, as AnnieS mentioned, can no longer directly download from Discover.

Quicken desperately needs a competitor.
  • Pateden67
    Pateden67 Member ✭✭
    100% Agree
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @nzeda@

Other users have reported similar issues recently after they updated to a Quicken version after R44.28, and you have done that.

So, I suggest that you use the following instructions to revert to version 44.28:

1) Backup your Quicken datafile;
    2) Close out of Quicken; then copy the Link below and paste it into your browser;

https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.44.28MPatch.EXE?_ics=1668880738587&irclickid=~fe79Z649572XY5X2459d6XY36Y459cb5-ebgh9~21VNMKFzvojf8

3) This will start the downloading of Quicken version 44.28 to your computer;
    4) Once the download has completed - locate it (likely in your Downloads file). The filename is "QW27.1.44.28MPatch";
    5) Double click on it to install the download and once it has completed, restart Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups and/or tell me how that all went.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• nzeda@
    nzeda@ Member ✭✭✭
    I have performed the recommended steps above and installed version 44.28. Unfortunately, I still having the same issues with one step update freezing up. I even restarted the laptop but it did not solve the issue
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    For me One Step Update usually runs around 4 minutes. Today I run it (twice) and it runs for around 20 minutes. When it finishes, several of the account balances and account names are wrong. My net worth shows that I have double what it should be. A few of the accounts give the message that there is an error with the Quicken server. Other ones give no error. 

I've made no changes to anything. I ran a verify and it said no errors. Is there a problem with the Quicken server? What should I do?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    For me One Step Update usually runs around 4 minutes. Today I run it (twice) and it runs for around 20 minutes. When it finishes, several of the account balances and account names are wrong. My net worth shows that I have double what it should be. A few of the accounts give the message that there is an error with the Quicken server. Other ones give no error. 

I've made no changes to anything. I ran a verify and it said no errors. Is there a problem with the Quicken server? What should I do?
    Hello @Spotteddog,   

I am sorry about this problem with online banking services and One Step Update loading times. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Have you tried restarting your computer after this happens? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here

Let us know how this works.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jared,
    I followed your directions. Still not right, but not as bad. No bank errors. Still ran 12 minutes. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to try the update again.  
    Thanks
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭✭
    exact same situation on my version
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Jared,

I ran One Step update this morning. I still got an error of "error on Quicken server" on one account.
    It ran 21 minutes instead of the typical 3-4 minutes. 
    It's still not right. What else might be causing this?
    Thanks
  • Hello @Spotteddog,

Thank you for providing more information. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    2 days ago, I got some strange error codes from several accounts. 3 different accounts said something like "error on Quicken server". I don't have a screen shot from the last 3 days.
    Today I only got the same errors on 2 accounts.  

• Hello @Spotteddog,

Thanks for reaching back out. 

Could you please share a screenshot of the error message that you received today for two of your accounts?

Thanks. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is no screen shot. After I ran the update, I closed Quicken. So, the error code is gone. 
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I find when this happens to me there is an issue with one linked online biller. Usually one with a known issue and sorry, no ETA like AT&T or Wells Fargo. Sometimes Chase, but less likely.

If you just added a biller, try unlinking and deleting. then adding back if it fixed the long OSU. Odds are it will now say something like still connecting to xxxxx. Maybe not. Worth a try.
  • Hello @Spotteddog,

Could you please provide more information regarding the error message that you were receiving? Do you remember the code (a string of letters and numbers) that was provided with the error message? 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    "error on Quicken server"
  • nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem wit Windows R45.21 - OSU hangs.
    Super-validation and a restart did not help.
    IMHO the programmers need to concentrate more on stability, not new features.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    This morning I ran One Step update, and it ran "normally". I didn't change anything. 
  • Hello @Spotteddog,

Thanks for reaching back out, I am happy to hear that the issue has resolved itself!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    I did several one step updates over the last few days with no errors. I thought this was fixed, but I'm getting the same error again today:

cc-510
    "Unable to update these accounts because of an error on the Quicken server".

Now what? 
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness and freezing when attempting to perform a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello All, 

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue.

We do now have an active alert regarding users experiencing slowness and freezing when attempting to perform a One Step Update. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark the alert in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Hello @Spotteddog,

Thanks for reaching back out. 

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.  

-Quicken Jasmine

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2022
    @Quicken Jasmine it's a CC-501. Screen shot:

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Hello @Spotteddog,

Due to the nature of this error message and the recent migration of Bank of America, it is recommended to reach out to Quicken Support for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real time and escalate the situation as needed. You can view more information regarding this error message through this link

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

@Rocket J Squirrel thank you for providing the screenshot. 

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.