New Quicken Data File

Options
john2855
john2855 Member ✭✭
I started a new data file for 2023, to get rid of old baggage. When I added accounts and did One Step Update, each account shows all the transactions from earlier years as unposted. They were all posted before, using the original QDF. Is there a way to get the new QDF to ignore transactions prior to 1/1/23?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @john2855,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

When adding online accounts to a new data file, by default, the last 30 to 90 days of transaction history is downloaded (the timeframe of how far back data is downloaded is determined by the financial institution). Unfortunately, there is no way to stop this from happening with automatic downloads.

A workaround would be to delete the transaction history you do not wish to keep as deleted downloaded transactions do not re-download. However, keep in mind that you will need to adjust/modify your opening balance in order to correct your current balance after deleting transactions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• john2855
    john2855 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Anja
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• bwentzel13
    bwentzel13 Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Quicken Anja , I have been using Quicken since the DOS days and my current QFW file is at least 15 years old and it has errors stemming from who-knows-what over the years. So, I am considering starting a new file beginning with 2023. What is the best way to do this?
This discussion has been closed.