"Did you mistype your sign-in info?" - No solution after 15+ hours spent with Quicken Support

djtobin
djtobin Member ✭✭
I've posted this information in other threads and figured I'd go ahead and start a new thread to hopefully draw some more attention.

I've been experiencing an issue for over a month. Several of my accounts (from multiple institutions) are unable to connect and give me the error "Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for <institution>". Obviously I have very carefully confirmed the sign-in info, and again this is happening for multiple institutions simultaneously, so I am confident that I am not actually just entering the information incorrectly.

I have logged over 15 hours with Quicken support at this point with no resolution. Initial troubleshooting attempts included: signing out/in of my Quicken account, trying to connect to the institutions in a brand new file, trying to connect over a different internet connection, changing the password at the institution website, restoring from back up, reseting the cloud account, disabling mobile sync, waiting a day, waiting a week, deleting Mac key-chain data, un-installing/re-installing Quicken, cancelling/re-subscribing my Quicken subscription, and more - none have worked! At best, the error sometimes changes to a CC-929 error, which Quicken support tells me means there's been too many login attempts and the account is locked for 24 hours before more troubleshooting can occur.

Now lately I've been stuck in a loop of Quicken support telling me it has been escalated to their elevated team, and then later following up saying that the elevated team says it has been fixed - despite no one else ever contacting me and nothing ever happening. Very frustrating!! So much for my premier subscription with "priority support."

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on how I may be able to resolve this. Thank you!!

Comments

• Hello @djtobin

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

My internal systems are still showing your issue as in progress with our escalations team. They may reach out via email with more information or if they are needing further details from you. 

I apologize for the inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• trhorn86
    trhorn86 Member
    Having the same issues with multiple different accounts.
  • djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Jasmine - Thanks for confirming that. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, that has been the status for a while now. And actually there's been two times already were I was informed the escalation team simply marked my issue as closed, without ever contacting me or anything ever happening, and I had to jump through the hoops again just to get the ticket re-opened. So if there's anything you can do to advance the ticket with the escalation team that would be great, because so far it hasn't been any help.
  • djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    @trhorn86 Just curious if you've tried working with Quicken support yet? Or tried any specific troubleshooting that has or hasn't changed anything?
  • djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    *POSTING A "SOLUTION" BELOW FOR ANYONE WHO MAY BE EXPERIENCING SIMILAR ISSUES*

First a few updates... I received another (for the third time) e-mail from Quicken 'escalated support' (from a do-not-reply e-mail) simply stating the issue was fixed, despite never actually contacting me, sending me any info, or verifying if anything had changed... what an easy job those guys have. And go figure, the issue was not in fact fixed.

Also, in the meantime I had tried another big troubleshooting attempt myself - I installed Quicken on a Windows machine, logged in with my Quicken ID, opened up a brand new file, and tried to log in to the affected accounts - same "Did you mistype your sign-in info" error!

So all that said, two things had become very clear to me: 1. the issue must be a result of some back end problem with my Quicken ID itself (not the accounts I'm trying to connect to, or my computer, or my internet connection, or my OS, or anything else I was able to troubleshoot) and 2. Quicken 'support' wasn't going to be any help.

At this point the best solution would have probably just been to request a refund and finally give in to trying another service. But, I did end up finding an alternative "solution" of essentially COMPLETELY starting from scratch. (I had already asked support early on if there was some way just to completely 'reset' my account, even if I would need to re-create my Quicken file. They were no help of course, but I came up with a way of doing this myself.) So for anyone like me in a similar situation that is intent on trying to make Quicken work, but has some inherent bug with their QuickenID itself that Quicken support won't help with, here's the process I followed for a nuclear reset:

1. Uninstalled Quicken.
    2. Removed ALL quicken files from my Mac. This included deleting all Quicken data stored in my Mac keychain, all files in the "Application Support" folder, etc. Essentially I tried to completely erase any existence of Quicken on my computer. I did go ahead and create a backup of these files on a flash drive first, but I'm not sure I'll ever use them again.
    3. Requested a refund for my Quicken subscription.
    4. Created a new Quicken ID (with a new, dummy e-mail address that I just set up to forward to my main e-mail.)
    6. Purchased a new subscription on this new Quicken ID.
    7. Installed Quicken (on the same computer.)
    8. Opened up a new Quicken file and attempted to connect to the accounts that hadn't been working - voila, no errors!
    9. Manually re-created my original Quicken file (connected all accounts, scheduled transactions, settings, etc.) without running into any issues.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if some of those steps (like the extent I went through of deleting all old files and data) might not have been completely necessary. It's also possible I could have successfully kept working off of my original Quicken file with my new Quicken ID, instead of manually re-creating everything in a new file. I'd be curious to hear if anyone ever tries that. But in my case, I had gone through so much headache and troubleshooting already, the idea of a completely fresh restart was appealing, and I didn't even want to try mingling any files/data between the new and old Quicken ID's.

The fact this worked I think proves that the issue was in fact something on the back end of my original Quicken ID itself, and nothing else with my computer or the institution accounts themselves. My best guess is my original Quicken ID had somehow been completely 'locked' from connecting to accounts... which seems like the exact thing the escalated support team should have been able to help with. It feels a bit silly how much time I put into this as a result of getting no support from Quicken, but I'm sure others out there can relate to how frustrating it can be if a software that you've grown so dependent on gives this much trouble with so little support!

So anyways, hopefully this helps someone!
  • bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have this same issue as well
  • johnqu11
    johnqu11 Member
    I also have the same issue - haven't been able to update any transactions for a week or more. I'll try Quicken support next week, but based on the comments from others, I'm not very optimistic.
  • bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that this is only happening with accounts that use Quicken Connect.  All of my Direct Connection accounts are fine.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• bshopay
    bshopay Member ✭✭✭✭
    I submitted one this morning.
This discussion has been closed.