Having issues setting up Lincoln Financial Annuity account on Quicken (Windows)

dmurad53
dmurad53 Member ✭✭
We have a new annuity with Lincoln Financial. We were able to set everything up with the Mac version of Quicken. Updates work with no issues. Using the Windows version is another story. With the Mac we selected Lincoln Financial Annuities as the institution. That is not available on the Windows version. Selecting Lincoln Financial Group on the Windows version gets me this error notice and the account is not set up .

Best Answer

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks - I will give it a try Monday
    It's nice to see that the discussion forum is monitored

Answers

• Hello @dmurad53

Thanks for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

The error message that you are receiving means that you must request direct connect access from your Financial Institution. They will be able to provide you with a direct connect username and password. The reason this worked on your Quicken for Mac and not for Windows is due to them having different FIDIRs (servers).

I hope this clears things up!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks - I will give it a try Monday
    It's nice to see that the discussion forum is monitored
  • Hello @dmurad53,

You are very welcome!

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    No body at Lincoln Finacial knows what I talking about. Do you have any other suggestions ?
  • Hello @dmurad53,

Thanks for reaching back out. 

Unfortunately, this is a financial institution-specific error meaning that only they can help you resolve this issue. It is recommended to request to speak to a tier 2 agent or a supervisor as they are generally more familiar with third-party applications such as Quicken. 

I hope this helps. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• dmurad53
    dmurad53 Member ✭✭
    I'll give it a try Thanks
This discussion has been closed.