how do I add historical transactions to a new credit card account?

Options
deekay
deekay Member
I created a new credit card account, connected to the institution but can't seem to get any transaction history into quicken (Mac). I can download transactions from the institution but can't load into the new account.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can merge transactions between accounts by selecting transactions in one account and then dragging/dropping them into the other account in the sidebar. In your case, I would drag transactions from the account that is not updating into the one that is updating. Then delete the non-updating account once all its transactions have been moved.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @deekay

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution are you experiencing this issue with? What exactly occurs when attempting to download transactions? Are you attempting to download transactions using the online services within Quicken or by importing a QFX file from your financial institution's website? Are you receiving any error codes or messages? What is your connection method with this financial institution? You can see the connection method by navigating to Settings > Downloads > Connection Type.

I look forward to your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• deekay
    deekay Member
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, thanks for reaching out. The institution is Community America Credit Union. The connection type is Quicken Connect. I tried both ways, creating a new account and downloading, which gives on a "live balance" update, no transactions. I also went directly to the credit union website and downloaded updates in QFX format. I couldn't load the QFX transaction files into the new account file. When I tried, quicken created a new account file. couldn't figure out how to merge.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You can merge transactions between accounts by selecting transactions in one account and then dragging/dropping them into the other account in the sidebar. In your case, I would drag transactions from the account that is not updating into the one that is updating. Then delete the non-updating account once all its transactions have been moved.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • deekay
    deekay Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Thanks RickO! That worked for merging. Hope the account will continue to update normally from here forward. Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.