My Bank is being acquired by anoher bank. How do I change for online acess?

Options
Bank is bought by another bank. Progress to UCBI. I do not write checks on Quicken. I mainly use to for bank register and I will need to download transactions.
When the bank name and account changes, what do I need to do to my existing accounts.

What do I need to do relative to backup of account ?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @cabsouth,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

To change the financial institution connect, you will need to deactivate all the account(s) currently connected to the old financial institution name, and then reactivate the accounts connecting them to the new financial institution name. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there is more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    5. Use the search field at the top to find and select the new financial institution name and click Continue
    6. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    7. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cabsouth
    cabsouth Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.