Would you add the "Online Balance" field to the "Account List" report?

Options
TomTom
TomTom Member ✭✭
edited March 2023 in Reports (Windows)
Do we want to see that ALL of our accounts are reconciled between the “online balance” and the “Ending balance” on one page? Yes we do! This is the first step and most important step to us. We HAVE to be sure that our accounts are reconciled between online and register. There is currently no comparison report like this. Would you add the "Online balance" field to the "Account List" report? Then we can export and do the math. What would be even better is to have this as a standard report in the "Comparison Report" category. Compare Online balance to the register balance. When can this be implemented for us?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To be clear, the Account List now shows the Current Balance, i.e. the balance as of today, not the Ending Balance, which includes future-dated transactions. You would like it to continue to show the Current Balance and add the Online Balance, right?
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To be clear, the Account List now shows the Current Balance, i.e. the balance as of today, not the Ending Balance, which includes future-dated transactions. You would like it to continue to show the Current Balance and add the Online Balance, right?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Link to @TomTom idea post of February 2021
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888285/online-vs-ending-balance-report#latest

My answer to your first question = No.  I don't  It is not the first and most important step for me.  The number of accounts where I download online balances is limited.  Not saying you idea lacks value; only that it is not reasonable to extrapolate your desires to all users.  It does not make the argument more convincing.  Unfortunate that your idea has not gotten any up-votes.  

@Jim_Harman The Acct List can be configured for Current, Ending, or both balances.  

• TomTom
    TomTom Member ✭✭
    Options
    @Jim_Harman Hi Jim, Thanks for responding.
    Yes, I want to add the "Online balance" to the report. How do I get this communicated to the development team?
  • Nomad
    Nomad Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭
    Options
    Creating a report of the Online Balances would be very helpful. When I reconcile my accounts in Quicken, the one thing that I want to know about every account (investment, retirement, credit card, or bank account) is "Does the balance in Quicken tie to the Institution's balance?"

To confirm this, I have to click every account, and even then, I have to go back and double check every balance one final time. TomTom is correct.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually, this idea post
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7888285/online-vs-ending-balance-report#latest
    also started by @TomTom 2 years ago is the more prudent way to bring this to developers’ attention. Vote there and add whatever comments about variations to that idea. 
  • TomTom
    TomTom Member ✭✭
    Options
    @q_lurker Thank you for directing @Nomad to that post.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @TomTom. Unfortunate that idea has not gathered more votes. Very reasonable idea either as adjunct the account list, to Account Balances Report, or as a new report. 
This discussion has been closed.