Quicken crashes when opening.

Quicken will not load. Removed and reinstalled which did not fix the problem. Even a new empty data file will not load. Not beingsuccessful with Quicken help calls.....
Tagged:

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you running Quicken Subscription?  If so, which version?
    If you are running a version earlier than Subscription (Quicken 2017 or before), which one?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R44.20 on Windows 11)
  • whodiini
    whodiini Member ✭✭✭
    1) Quicken removal is complicated. Google it and there are websites that describe how to remove it manually because the removal tool does not fully remove it.
    2) I had this issue and the only thing that solved it was a complete reinstall of  windows. Something got corrupted and even a clean install of quicken would only work for a time.  Since I did a clean windows install, I have zero crashes.
  • oldssd
    oldssd Member ✭✭
    I have been able to start Quicken (latest subscription version) by running as administrator. I loaded the data file on another laptop and have no problem opening it. A Quicken service tech suggested my windows user id was damaged and causing the problem. Does this make any sense?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone having a problem with crashes have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender?

FAQ: Windows Defender & Controlled Folder Access — Quicken

Also, you could try booting Windows into Safe Mode with Networking and running Quicken.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10