On going Scotiabank issue - switching data to US funds

cneal62
cneal62 Member
I am new to this forum and need help. I have 7 interconnected accounts with Scotiabank and they have all been corrupted. It appears all of the previous conversations pertaining to this massive problem have been closed. The issue is not resolved and nobody at Quicken Support or Scotiabank support seem to know the status other than the fact that it has been "escalated" for over a year now. Does this issue exist with other Canadian banks? [Removed - No Soliciting] Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    cneal62 said:
    I am new to this forum and need help. I have 7 interconnected accounts with Scotiabank and they have all been corrupted. It appears all of the previous conversations pertaining to this massive problem have been closed. The issue is not resolved and nobody at Quicken Support or Scotiabank support seem to know the status other than the fact that it has been "escalated" for over a year now. Does this issue exist with other Canadian banks? [Removed - No Soliciting] Thanks for any insight you can offer.
    Other than ScotiaBank, there have been similar issues reported recently with National Bank. I download from BMO Bank of Montreal and RBC Royal Bank and don't have such issues. I haven't seen any report regarding such a problem from CIBC either. That covers the Big Four.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though the issue seems to only be occurring mostly with Scotiabank at the moment, note that this is not unique to them and historically, this problem has occurred with others, including Capital One MC (for Costco), and TD.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    smayer97 said:
    Though the issue seems to only be occurring mostly with Scotiabank at the moment, note that this is not unique to them and historically, this problem has occurred with others, including Capital One MC (for Costco), and TD.
    Yes, and at one time I have also had the issue occur under very specific circumstances with RBC Royal Bank, but if the question is which Canadian banks are presently having this issue on a widespread, ongoing basis, it seems to be 1-3 (ScotiaBank, National Bank, and Presidents Choice - have all had the issue recently, if I am not mistaken)
  • cneal62
    cneal62 Member
    Thanks for your comments. I wonder if Quickbooks would be more reliable for Scotiabank users until this is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.