No Handshake with Credit Union

WhiteHorse
WhiteHorse Member
edited February 2023 in Using the Mobile App
When attempting to download data from my WSECU credit union accounts I receive the following message. "To connect to your account you must go to the web site for WSECU and log in and complete any required actions".
I have used Quicken for at least 25 years. Why do I say this. I am pretty good at using Quicken.
Problem, Both myself and a WSECU Tech. employee find nothing. Find nothing that indicates that I have to complete any " "required actions".
I have downloaded and deleted the Quicken mobile app no less than four times over several years hoping in vain that this problem would self correct. There is a (hand-shake) (Data Transfer) problem between Quicken mobile app and WSECU.
I have attempted to address the issue in the Quicken program installed on my computer. Mobile banking setting on both ends. My desktop and mobile device. No luck. The WSECU accounts are listed under mobile banking. All other bank accounts (shake hands) (share and transfer data)!
I want to resolve this issue. Remember this is only associated with accounts at a credit union. All others work.
Please provide clear, easy to follow instructions to correct or configure.
Thank you

Comments

• Hello @WhiteHorse

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest resetting your cloud data from your Quicken desktop program and see if that may make a difference. However, before doing so, first, verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts (see below). 

If they do not match, please click Edit dataset name and change the Dataset name to match the File name exactly the same (do not copy the file extension: ".QDF"). 

Then, click OK in the preferences window and proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, please follow the steps below to reset your cloud data.
    1. Sign out of your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    2. On your desktop program go to Edit
    3. Preferences...
    4. Mobile & Web
    5. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data 
    6. On the following screen you can leave the preselected option for "No, just reset my Cloud data", type Yes in the entry field to confirm, and click Reset
    7. Wait for the sync reset to finish
    8. Navigate to the Mobile & Web dropdown menu 
    9. Select Cloud Sync to resync your data and to make sure no errors occur
    10. Wait for it to finish syncing 
    11. Sign back in on your Quicken Mobile/Web app(s)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.