HSA Bank Care Code: FDP-106

JVerhoef
JVerhoef Member ✭✭
Unable to connect to HSA Bank and download transactions for several weeks now. Quicken asks for additional authentication via code sent to email. After entering the code from my email, Quicken provides the error code: FDP-106

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @JVerhoef,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• The community alert says this is resolved but I continue to have the issue
  • Hello @markdefabis

Thank you for reaching back out. 

If you are still experiencing this issue after the Community Alert has been marked resolved, then we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance as an escalation may be in order. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assistance. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pmalcam
    pmalcam Member
    I am also having issues connecting to HAS Bank. I tried to refer to the community alert, which had me sign in, but when I signed in and clicked the link, it tells me I do not have permission to do that.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    I’ve been getting a similar failure for a similar amount of time, but my error message is “Sorry. We encountered and error. (It’s not your fault.),” with no Report a Problem button. If Quicken actually solves this for anyone, please let me know and maybe it will be worth spending time with Quicken Support.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    Today‘s Quicken HSA Failure Update: I was able able to recreate the account after pressing the Retry button. I got a message “Downloading 833 transactions,” but transactions from December and later still do not show up. I then tried to update, and got: “Connectivity Problems… also… temporary server issue.” When I tried to update again: “Success!” Next dialog: “CC-506 … because account was closed, or its nickname was changed.”
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today‘s Quicken HSA Failure Update: I was able able to recreate the account after pressing the Retry button. I got a message “Downloading 833 transactions,” but transactions from December and later still do not show up. I then tried to update, and got: “Connectivity Problems… also… temporary server issue.” When I tried to update again: “Success!” Next dialog: “CC-506 … because account was closed, or its nickname was changed.”
    From a long time ago I remember discussions about CC-506 errors because the bank had changed account nicknames on their website to include unsupported characters like ™ © ® or similar ones.
    The problem was resolved by logging on to the bank website and removing these characters from the account nickname.
    Could that be your problem? Just firing shots into the dark here ...
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > From a long time ago I remember discussions about CC-506 errors because the bank had changed account nicknames on their website to include unsupported characters like ™
    > © ® or similar ones.
    > The problem was resolved by logging on to the bank website and removing these characters from the account nickname.Could that be your problem? Just firing shots into the dark here ...

A respectable shot, but wide of the mark in my case. In my day jobs I tend to try such stuff, but on my own time I tremble in fear at the mere thought of non-ASCII characters.

===Today‘s Quicken HSA Failure Update===
    Connecting showed up in cheerful green, “HSA bank / 1 account updated, 0 new transactions,” where everything but the last may be truthful. I suppose my next step is resetting the account, in case something got munged during the HSA Dark Age.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    > ===Today‘s Quicken HSA Failure Update===
    > Connecting showed up in cheerful green, “HSA bank / 1 account updated, 0 new transactions,” where everything
    > but the last may be truthful. I suppose my next step is resetting the account, in case something got munged
    > during the HSA Dark Age.

No, the HSA Dark Age, which started nearly a month ago, continues. After resetting, I was told that hundreds of transactions were been downloaded, which turned into another zero. Given the lack of progress on a similar Ally Bank issue, I’m beginning to wonder if Quicken’s Dark Age is permanent and I need to give up on it after a quarter century and start looking at alternatives.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Given the lack of progress on a similar Ally Bank issue, I’m beginning to wonder if Quicken’s Dark Age is permanent and I need to give up on it after a quarter century and start looking at alternatives.

… Or switch your HSA to Fidelity. Their HSA is all one account, not two like HSA Bank, there are no fees, and Quicken downloads work smoothly.

QWin Premier subscription
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    > @Jim_Harman said:
    > … Or switch your HSA to Fidelity. Their HSA is all one account, not two like HSA Bank, there are no fees, and Quicken downloads work smoothly.

Thank you, that would have been appealing, but I‘ve found a more thorough solution, though not one I recommend to others: I’m having enough dental work done to clear out my HSA account, and my current employer doesn’t offer HSA-compatible insurance. I’ll bear Fidelity in mind if that changes, thanks.
    Off-topic, but I'm not allowed to comment on the thread anymore: My Comerica bank bogus internet connection error, which used to be avoidable only immediately after a reboot, got better today after most of my other accounts also couldn’t connect the first time.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    • HSA still broken.
    • Comerica (whose thread I am no longer allowed to update) lost some of its gains: I was able to update once today not immediately after a reboot, but not a second time.
  • FlaSheridn
    FlaSheridn Member ✭✭
    First “unable to find an account with non-zero balance,” then “Quicken is unable to update your account. Please try again.” Same again when I try again. Giving up, glad my dental problems mean I no longer have to deal with this.
This discussion has been closed.