Setup with Paycheck Wizard and all setups gone

llngoc
llngoc Member ✭✭
I have tried to use the Paycheck Setup Wizard to enter my gross income with all tax and deductions per paycheck. However, it seems like once I exited out of Quicken, the memorized paycheck will disappear from the Income Reminder. I tried numerous times and it seems like Quicken can never "memorized" the paycheck. It is really frustrating as I want to be able to track my income and tax; and since every paycheck have some small amount changes in the tax so I want a quick way to change those values per paycheck. This used to work but it seems like some update from 1-2 years ago broke it for me.

I am running the latest Quicken as I am on the subscription model. And latest patch of Windows 11.

Any help?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    llngoc said:
    I have tried to use the Paycheck Setup Wizard to enter my gross income with all tax and deductions per paycheck. However, it seems like once I exited out of Quicken, the memorized paycheck will disappear from the Income Reminder. I tried numerous times and it seems like Quicken can never "memorized" the paycheck. It is really frustrating as I want to be able to track my income and tax; and since every paycheck have some small amount changes in the tax so I want a quick way to change those values per paycheck. This used to work but it seems like some update from 1-2 years ago broke it for me.

I am running the latest Quicken as I am on the subscription model. And latest patch of Windows 11.

Any help?
    Hello @llngoc,      

We are sorry about this problem with the missing memorized paychecks. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.

Is this affecting multiple accounts? Also, what steps are you taking when creating an Income Reminder, specifically? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.

I look forward to your responses, and hope to hear more about your results.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • llngoc
    llngoc Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I did an uninstall and re-install as instructed. It does not help. Same thing. I used the Paycheck setup wizard to set up a recurring Paystub and once the data file is saved and I come back. The memorized item is gone.

> @Quicken Jared said:
    > Hello @llngoc,      
    >
    > We are sorry about this problem with the missing memorized paychecks. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community.
    >
    > Is this affecting multiple accounts? Also, what steps are you taking when creating an Income Reminder, specifically? You may additionally try uninstalling the Quicken software using the steps listed in this Support Article, then deleting Quicken from the Program Files (x86) folder. You may then reinstall the software after following those steps using the steps listed here.
    >
    > I look forward to your responses, and hope to hear more about your results.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited February 2023
    Hello @llngoc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, we recommend that you turn off Cloud Sync to see if that may help. 

Please follow the instructions provided below to turn off Cloud Sync.

1. Navigate to Edit 
    2. Preferences 
    3. Mobile & Web 
    4. Turn Sync OFF
    Note that while this may help prevent the issue from reoccurring, please be aware that it will not restore any previously lost data. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• llngoc
    llngoc Member ✭✭
    I will try this for my next paystub when it comes it. Thanks! Let's hope this is the issue.
  • llngoc
    llngoc Member ✭✭
    No. It is not working and the entry I set up still disappears the next time I get into the software. I can see that it was entered and all the future deposits are under Billings and Income before I exit. The next time I restart the software, it is gone again.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for following up.

At this point, I would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.