How to schedule recurring monthly deposits for Social Security payments

TRidge
TRidge Member
There was a post made in Oct 2022 regarding this subject but was since closed. The previous post provided a screenshot how the monthly social security deposit could be recorded on the 3rd Wednesday of each month. However, I cannot locate this screen. Any step by step procedures to complete this task would be appreciated.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TRidge What Q product are you running?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TRidge
    TRidge Member
    I am running Quicken Windows Subscription. Volvogril, thank you for the detailed response. Question: By recording the income reminder as shown in your response, would this also auto populate the split categories associated with the SS income reminder? Thanks in advance.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @TRidge When setting up the reminder you select to split the category and then you put in the line items for each of your Social Security expenses.  It isn't automatic to setup, especially since different people have different expenses, but once setup, it will record that reminder with those splits.  Be sure to select the proper categories for the expenses so that you get the correct tax lines.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TRidge But which specific product?  "Subscription" is how you pay ... not the product.
    Are you running Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• TRidge
    TRidge Member
    Thank you for the comments!
This discussion has been closed.