Synovus Bank Transactions
edited March 13 in Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)
While attempting to download transactions from Synovus Bank, Quicken program freezes. Quicken provides a (Not Responding) message. Have to close and restart Quicken every time. Transactions from all other banks and financial institutions download normally.
Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue.
First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the Synovus Bank account(s) to see if the same issue occurs with Quicken freezing when trying to download transactions. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
- Choose File menu > New Quicken File.
- Select New Quicken File.
- Click OK.
- In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file.
Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.
- Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt.
- Select to not use Mobile.
- Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.
After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file.
Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response.
That worked perfectly. How does that help get Synovus downloading into my main file with all other financials and historical data?0
Thank you for attempting the test file, though I do apologize for the delayed response.
Next, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution, then force Quicken to "discover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve it. Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding.
- Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
- If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
- Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
- Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
- When finished, close the Account List
- Close, then re-open Quicken
- Navigate to Tools > Add Account
- Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
- Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
Let us know how it goes!-Quicken Jasmine0
Actually, what seemed to correct the issue was deactivating all mobile/web connectivity for Quicken.0
Thank you for coming back to update us.
I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution, thank you for sharing!
Please do not hesitate to reach back out with any further questions or concerns.
This discussion has been closed.