ISSUES WITH SCHEDULED TRANSFERS CHANGING CATAGORY WHEN UPDATING

Options
I have several, and I mean several scheduled transactions that changed the category from the account I was transferring from to the same name of the account I was transferring to. Here is a good example: Boa payment - set up as a transfer from Centry bank for 100. If I go back in and edit the current instance say to 110.00 it will change the amount ok but when you go to the BOA payment line the category will now show BOA instead of Centry (which is where the transfer from shows) It seems to keep it in the register under Centry but it's really a mess. This only started after the last update for Feb 2023.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @mrsjjs57,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrsjjs57 said:
    I have several, and I mean several scheduled transactions that changed the category from the account I was transferring from to the same name of the account I was transferring to. Here is a good example: Boa payment - set up as a transfer from Centry bank for 100. If I go back in and edit the current instance say to 110.00 it will change the amount ok but when you go to the BOA payment line the category will now show BOA instead of Centry (which is where the transfer from shows) It seems to keep it in the register under Centry but it's really a mess. This only started after the last update for Feb 2023.
    How are these scheduled transfers executed? As Online Bill Pay from within Quicken? Or as Online Bill Pay from within your bank's website?
    When the transfer executes at the bank, do you also record a scheduled transfer transaction in your Quicken account registers? If you don't, this might explain the problem. Solely based on downloaded transaction information, Quicken does not appear to be able to divine a proper transfer transaction between banks.
    For best results you should record a transfer transaction in your Quicken registers BEFORE you download transactions from the banks. When the transfer confirmation arrives in a download, Quicken will match the downloaded information to the already existing, properly categorized, register transactions and not create any problems.