Problems with Constant Crashing

2»

Comments

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    I went back to a copy dated January 29th. OSU works again, the update brought down a bunch of duplicate and wrong transactions which I was able to correct. I'll save this copy and see what Thursday brings. 
  • suzannel
    suzannel Member ✭✭
    I was having the same problem today and I think I have found the answer. I basically did a process of elimination. And I got it down to syncing to the Quicken cloud that was crashing it. Everything else about it worked. If I stayed away from the cloud it One Step Update worked fine. So since the most recent upgrade, something was done to screw that part up. I will just stay away from the cloud sync till they get it fixed because that means it ain't my install or machine.
  • Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    suzannel said:
    I was having the same problem today and I think I have found the answer. I basically did a process of elimination. And I got it down to syncing to the Quicken cloud that was crashing it. Everything else about it worked. If I stayed away from the cloud it One Step Update worked fine. So since the most recent upgrade, something was done to screw that part up. I will just stay away from the cloud sync till they get it fixed because that means it ain't my install or machine.
    Well it's interesting that you say that. I added the cloud after the date of the file that I rolled back to. But in addition after i rolled back, one of my billers couldn't connect and I was prompted to fix it, which I didn't. I just deleted that biller. I can never get an updated amount on the biller anyways. 
  • BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    Same issue here, crashing when I try to update. Having the issue for some time. It works and on some day, it's not working. I disable cloud sync ,same issue. Been a Quicken user for more than 20 years, this time it's major issue that they need to resolve.
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I removed all accounts from syncing to the Quicken cloud. Today was the 1st day it did not crash when updating! It still doesn't download my transactions from my Fifth Third Bank accounts, but that seems to happen at least once every 6 months. However I can import transactions from my bank. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
  • steveinnc919
    steveinnc919 Member ✭✭
    I'm getting crashing also now. Happens every time I start the program. Moved all files out of the quicken folder. After doing that I can get to the part where i select to start with a new blank file, after that it crashes again. Sent in the error report. Hoping on a quick fix.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Hi All, we are very sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with your Quicken crashing. In researching and based on the feedback provided, using an external online storage drive instead of a local drive, may cause the crashing you are experiencing.  Our team has been working on this issue and there is a build we would like you to try. I will message you all shortly with more details. Thank you for your patience and again, I am sorry for the trouble caused. 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Greg Semple
    Greg Semple Member ✭✭✭✭
    Here is what happened to me. So what is the common connection between all of us. External file locations or connected to Quicken Cloud?

Here is a chronological list of events that happened with me.

February 5th – OSU completed successfully. Quicken files were located on my OneDrive location. After I ran OSU and updated new bank transactions, I added Quicken Cloud and synced my accounts.

February 6th – OSU hung up and crashed. Went to the community page and saw others having the same issue. Some indicated that their files were also one OneDrive. So, I moved my files to my C Drive, including the backup location. No change, OSU hung up and crashed.

February 7th – no change, OSU hung up and crashed.

February 8th – I rolled back to a file that I created about a week (January 29th) before the crashes occurred. Moved that file to C Drive and OSU completed without issue. I had some clean up that was needed but all accounts were up to date and correct.

February 9th – Day 2, OSU completed without issues.

On February 8th, 2 things that were different about the file I rolled back to; first there was one online biller (Verizon Wireless) that I was prompted to fix, which I ignored, and removed the biller. Second, the file I rolled back to was not connected to the Cloud version. I connected to the Cloud version on February 5th. On February 6th OSU started crashing. And yes, my files were still on the external file locations on February 6th.

I can come to no conclusion other than some people today are claiming they shut off the Cloud sync and the issue went away.

• BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2023
    I was having the same issue crashing when updating data. Today I try and search and found few possible issues
    1) If you use OneDrive, the file cannot be only on the cloud, Quicken work better if the file is on the local drive or local OneDrive, use the one on the computer not the one in the cloud.
    2) If the file is on 2 computers like I do, make sure that the file you open, the green ticker is on and not the synch wheel of OneDrive, the wheel means your local OneDrive file is not synch and when Quicken need to access the local file to save the One-Step update, there a mismatch of file and Quicken will crash.
    3) I have a very long file name with space and -, I found that Quicken don't like long file name, the filename should be 8.3, but I confirm that up t0 14.3, there is no problem but don't put any space. What I found out also, Quicken is now a lot speedy.
    4) If you restore a Quicken file, make sure to change the name to a shorter one, keeping the BU name, quicken crash often.

After these change, no crash and I test that on my 2 computers . I am happy now ;)
  • Toni
    Toni Member ✭✭
    Just want to report that as of Feb. 8th, when I removed all accounts from syncing to Quicken cloud, no further crashes! Thanks suzannel for figuring this out.
This discussion has been closed.