Quicken Mac 6.12 has been released!

Options
2»

Comments

• caram
    caram Member ✭✭✭
    Options

There is definitely something weird in QM that has never occurred before. The missing transactions started appearing again in the Reconcile window after a restart of the app and the import of a QFX file for the account. But then an another account that had no issue earlier now no longer displays new transactions, which I am thus not able to Reconcile…

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@caram Since no one else is reporting this issue, I'm guessing it's something specific to your Mac's configuration. (I might be remembering wrong, but are you a Canadian user?) I'm wondering if there's something with the Mac's Region or Date settings which is causing a mismatch on dates between transactions you've downloaded and Quicken's attempt to reconcile them.

First, to be clear: are the transactions displaying normally in your account register(s)? And in the Clr column, are the transactions showing a blue check mark? But when you select Reconcile, the transactions are not populating that window? This almost always turns out to be some sort of a date problem.

If you click on a recently-downloaded transaction in the register, and select View > Show Inspector, there are four date fields there. Do all the dates appear as you expect? Particularly Date Posted (which is what Quicken relies on for building the reconciliation window). Are the dates showing in the format “Feb 28, 2023”? If not, if you go to your Mac's System Preferences/Settings, and click on Language & Region, is it set to Region: United States?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Paul3
    Paul3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

6.12.3 appears to have broken transaction downloads from Fidelity and Ameriprise. Each download several of my accounts show hundreds of downloaded transactions but none updated in the register. And in the setup details the “Download transactions since” date remains back in late February.

I do not see issues listed on the advisory board about either organization, anyone else seeing issues? My credit cards and bank are downloading just fine.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

My Fidelity accounts have been downloading just fine using Direct Connect. What connection method are you using?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes happening to me too, but I am still on 6.12.2.

All Fidelity accounts have doubled shares in each account. I just deleted them, hopefully they will fix it. And I am also using direct connect.
  • nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just to add further information, I only have fidelity retirement accounts. not sure if this is happening for individual brokerage accounts.
  • Paul3
    Paul3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Using Direct Connect for all accounts. Both Fidelity and Ameriprise are a mix of retirement and brokerage accounts.

I tried signing out of Quicken and back in, but that did not make a difference. Fidelity shows 196 transactions downloaded across 4 account every time I update, but nothing actually changes in the registers.

• Shing
    Shing Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Just downloaded transactions from my Fidelity accounts (both retirement and non-retirement) and did not observe this behavior.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023
    Options

I'm not seeing it either, but I don't have any NetBenefit accounts (well, none that can be hooked up to Quicken anyway)

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jobworker
    jobworker Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I had one instance with Schwab where one transaction did not download to my Beta and the account would not reconcile whereas my production version, running in parallell with the Beta version 6.12.3, received the transaction and reconcilled. However, by the next day the Beta version “caughtup” and received the transaction and reconcilled, so I did not make an issue of it but note it here for your benefits. My O/S is 13.12.1

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    IT seems like its a reported issue with NetBenifits across the board, I am seeing lots of complaints on windows
  • caram
    caram Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs I changed the regional settings to US, the problem was still there. The transactions are displaying normally in the account register and the Clr column shows a blue check mark. But they are not populating in the Reconcile window. The four date fields look allright in the register.

I am now wondering whether this is not a symtom of another issue; see in the next post below.

• caram
    caram Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having a performance issue with QM for one of my accounts. Whenever I perform an operation for a transaction in that account -Clr, Unclr, delete, undelete-, QM freezes for 5 seconds, the spinning wheel appears, QM eats 85% CPU, and eventually the operation is performed. This is my major checking account, so you can understand how excruciating that can be.

I tried quitting/relaunching QM, rebooting macOS: problem still there.

Since this is happening for 1 account only, I started wondering about a possible database corruption, so I tried Sanitizing the file -and it worked. Performance in the sanitized file was back to normal, except all the strings were lost, so the file turned out to be unusable.

Is there any other way to fix database issues?

• jacobs
    Options

@caram Pleaee check Quicken's Window menu to see if there are any open windows; these would appear under “Sync Errors” on the menu. Your description matches the performance problems one might see with one or more report windows open in the background. (A newly-created sanitized file would not carry over any open windows.)

A sanitized file is, by design, stripped of all your personal information, so it's useless except for the developers trying to troubleshoot a problem. It's not a repair tool.

There are no repair tools for the Quicken Mac database. SQL databases are generally self-repairing and not susceptible to the type of corruption prevalent in older databases.

As a last resort, you could export your database to a QXF file and reimport it into a new file. In doing so, your transaction data is preserved, but you'd lose all your preference settings, reports, download logins.

• Paul3
    Paul3 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

For my download issues with Fidelity and Ameriprise, I ended up running through the “Change Account” process in settings for each account and things resolved, I got all the missing transactions downloaded.

Unclear why Quicken did not issue an error or warning of any sort, but happy to have this resolved.

• caram
    caram Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@jacobs Thanks for the tip: a hidden Reconciliation History window was opened for that account. Closing the window brought the performance back to normal. I suspect it was monitoring the register for any change to the transactions, rather than opening a static view, which would alleviate the performance problem, but then would need to be refreshed manually.

• jacobs
    Options

I'm glad it turned out to be an easy fix.

I really wish the developers would add some user interface element to alert users to open windows hidden in the background, but my guess is that they don't run into this much in their day-to-day work and aren't aware how many times a hidden open window bites users. There is an Idea thread for such an alert/warning/visual cue; please add your vote for it, and add a comment with your recent experience and time lost trying to solve the hidden problem.

• nothingclever
    nothingclever Member ✭✭
    Options
    anyone still experiencing issues with fidelity net benefits? literally having it download everything x2, making it really confusing for me. would love a fix soon please
  • Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

NB not downloading at all after having added shares I don't have.

• michaelweinberg
    michaelweinberg Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    @nothingclever I've had no issues.