Chase Skipped Dates and Eats Transactions

Chase VISA Download skipped about 5 days of transactions and didn't picke them up on repeat tries.
Chase Checking Account download seems to remove transactions from Quicken that actually occurred and un-balance previously balanced account.
Both since changed download system. Never had previous VISA problem and didn't do checking account as download before.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2023
    Chase VISA Download skipped about 5 days of transactions and didn't picke them up on repeat tries.
    Chase Checking Account download seems to remove transactions from Quicken that actually occurred and un-balance previously balanced account.
    Both since changed download system. Never had previous VISA problem and didn't do checking account as download before.
    Hello @Steve Blaze,    

We are sorry about this problem with missing transactions and online banking services. Thank you for letting us know about this here on the Quicken Community.

Given the nature of this issue, and the financial institution involved, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support. You can do this with the information provided in this link. They will need to work with you in order to troubleshoot and diagnose this issue in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them, uniquely. I do wish that we could provide more advice from the Quicken Community, but Support's help will be necessary in this situation.

I hope that is helpful, and feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may ask ... what were the dates of these skipped transactions?
    And how many days have passed since you did the last download from Chase?
    There's a limit to the number of days that transactions are made available for downloading, typically 60 - 90 days prior to today.
  • The missed transactions were from Feb 1 to 5
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The missed transactions were from Feb 1 to 5
    That should be well within the range of transaction dates available for downloading.
    I found an old note in my records about a procedure you can try to re-download previously downloaded transactions:

Reset your account Starting Date for downloaded transactions.

1. Make sure you have (or create) a backup of your Quicken data file ... just in case ...
    2. Go to the Online Center by selecting the Tools menu > Online Center.
    3. In the Online Center hold down the Ctrl key and click Contact Info.
    4. In the Refresh Online Transaction Information window, choose the account you are having problems downloading a full range of transactions.
    5. Click on the Reset DTSTART button.
      Warning: Using this function resets Quickens list of last downloaded transactions. This means that after this button is reset, it is possible you will download several duplicate transactions.
    6. Choose the earliest date of a transaction you are missing and click OK.
    7. Click on the Refresh button.
    8. Attempt to download again running One Step Update or "Update Now" from the account register.
    If that does not re-download the missing transactions call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. They need to review a download log file on your computer and check if the transactions appear in the log and why they go missing.

Quicken Support:

Of course, instead of doing all the above, it might be easier and faster to just enter the missing transactions by hand.
This discussion has been closed.