Cannot add GM financial account keep getting CC-508

Options
MarkI80
MarkI80 Member ✭✭
I bought a GM Car and financed through GM financial. I have an active account on the GM Financial website. When I try to add the account I select GM financial and enter the userid and PW and the system returns with a message "Wait your financial institution has a request CC-508". I log into my account on the GM Financial website and there is nothing it is requesting. I cannot figure out how to add this account. Quicken v47.15 build 27.1.47.15

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Markl80,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please take am moment to review and follow this error-specific support article regarding error CC-508.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just my 2cents' worth …
    I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage accounts for downloading. I would just simply set them up as "offline" (manual) loan accounts with a Scheduled Reminder to record the monthly payment from your checking account. 
    (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here. They should be set up as credit card accounts)

At least in Quicken for Windows, an online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead. The category seems to vary with the Loan Type you selected when creating the loan account in Quicken.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+
    you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not to a Category.

If you're a Q Mac user, you should be able to do something similar about setting up and maintaining an offline mortgage account together with a correctly calculated Scheduled Transaction Reminder for the monthly payments from your checking account.

• MarkI80
    MarkI80 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Quicken Anja I did everything in that support article that I could do. I obviously did not update the account as it has not been added yet. I did go into control panel delete temporary files log back into GM Financial (again there as nothing to accept or update) and tried again and received the same result.
  • MarkI80
    MarkI80 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you UKR, I appreciate the advice. (I vacillate between connected and manual accounts). Most of mine have been manual. I agree and will just go the manual route for now. thanks for the help
This discussion has been closed.