American Express ebill connection/authorization issues

(Noticed this post ended up in the wrong OS category but I am unable to move it)

On the latest version of Quicken for Mac running on Ventura. I have had an Amex card for many years. So I just opened an American Express personal checking account yesterday. Prior to opening it I didn't check to see if their checking accounts supported Quicken..THEY DO NOT. Shocking that they would offer a new financial product and not support basic transaction downloads. I cannot even manually import transactions!!! I will likely end up closing it.

They claim to want to support Quicken for their checking product but the response of course is "We have no projected date for implementation at this time"

Because I opened a checking account it forced on me into two factor authentication for all of their products which breaks Quickens ebill connection with my American Express card account. Luckily however my credit card transaction downloads are unaffected and still function properly.

When I attempt to update the ebill connection it reports that the account is locked waiting for a security code which is never generated by Amex nor is a Quicken dialog screen to enter such a code opened. Thus the verification failure loop starts.

This is clearly an issue on one side or the other. Any ideas how to solve?

Comments

• Hello @Gary Fisher,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest deleting and re-adding the American Express ebiller. You can do so by navigating to Bills & Income > Three dots > Unlink ebill. You can then re-add the bill by navigating back through the same pathway and choosing Link ebill then proceeding to login using your normal information. 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    I tried deleting and reading but to no avail. It seems that Quicken cannot report back and accept a 2FA code for this account service. Is there an issue with Amex eBills and 2FA?
  • Hello @Gary Fisher,

Thanks for attempting those troubleshooting steps.

To clarify, were you unable to readd the American Express eBiller or did you purposely leave it out?

I look forward to your response!

-Quicken Jasmine

• Gary Fisher
    Gary Fisher Member ✭✭
    Yes I deleted and then set up the Amex ebill from scratch with no change in behavior. Amex still refuses to accept the login thru Quicken and does not report back any 2FA code from Amex to validate.

The Amex account transaction downloads proceed without incident and is unaffected. It is only the Quicken ebill feature that will not work with this account.
  • Hello @Gary Fisher,

Thanks for reaching back out.

Due to the recent migration of American Express and being unable to fully add your eBill, we recommend reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that we could not be of more assitance.

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.