Having trouble when running reports with Yearly date range (edit)

Spencar D
Spencar D Member
edited April 2023 in Reports (Windows)
When I run a report it only has data the goes back to 2019. I have transactions in my register that date back to 2009. Curious if someone could give me a little direction on this?

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I'm not sure what you mean by "look at them annually". What were your settings exactly?

I tried this with the Net Worth report, date range = earliest to date and interval = year and it works just fine. Make sure you use the scroll bar at the bottom if needed to see all the years.

If you set the date range to Yearly, the secondary choices are Current year and the past 5 years. This is built-in. Maybe it would be nicer if the secondary dropdown showed all the years in your file.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which report(s)?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Quicken Release and Level (Starter, Deluxe,Premier, HB&R)?
    How are you trying to specify dates?  Yearly?
  • Sorry about that. I have Deluxe Version R47.15. It only goes back to 2019 When I run my reports and look at them annually. I can change to custom dates and look back however far I want though.
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    I'm not sure what you mean by "look at them annually". What were your settings exactly?

I tried this with the Net Worth report, date range = earliest to date and interval = year and it works just fine. Make sure you use the scroll bar at the bottom if needed to see all the years.

If you set the date range to Yearly, the secondary choices are Current year and the past 5 years. This is built-in. Maybe it would be nicer if the secondary dropdown showed all the years in your file.
  • Hey Jim.

That answered my question. Thanks. I was viewing them in "Date range - Yearly." I don't understand why we cant view them all the years in the register?

I appreciate your help on this.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited February 2023
    I can see the programmers not wanting to have to find the earliest year in the data file to populate the list of years, but a fixed list of 5 years is certainly limiting. Maybe Quicken had only been around for 5 years when they introduced these reports!

The Schedule A, B, and D tax reports in Premier have been changed recently so the list goes back 20 years. Maybe they could make that change in all the Yearly dropdowns, or change it to the type of control where you can type in the year if it is not on the list.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    With some reports, like Spending By Category, Spending by Payee and Net Worth, you can select a "Date Range" of Earliest to Date or a multi-year Custom Date Range and for the "Column" (some reports call it "Interval") select various reporting time frames, like Year, Quarter, Month, etc.  You'll need to explore the reports and play with them to see what might best meet your needs/wants.
    BTW, I've often thought it would be nice to be able to select any year for which there is data, as well.  If you want, you can suggest this as a product improvement idea where you and others can vote for it.  Quicken does review the ideas submitted and the more people who vote for an idea the more likely it will be that at some point in time they might add it to their development plan.  You can go here to add a new product idea:  Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• Suz684
    Suz684 Member ✭✭
    The sort feature is great, but then if you need to sort further on that information, it pulls from all data. I need to recover and change information for the year 2022. I have done that and saved the file, then do a find and replace search, to have ALL my data included in that report. What is the problem? I was able to find things in the past when a file could be saved with a hard cutoff date. How do I work with sorted transactions now?
This discussion has been closed.