Multiple Investment Accounts from Same Financial Institution (Q Mac)

Options
Steve Kelly
Steve Kelly Member
edited March 2023 in Investing (Mac)
I have three separate investment accounts from the same financial institution; however, when adding to my accounts, it is only showing one account in the drop-down to add. I would like to see and manage all three accounts in Quicken.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have three separate investment accounts from the same financial institution; however, when adding to my accounts, it is only showing one account in the drop-down to add. I would like to see and manage all three accounts in Quicken.
    Hello @Steve Kelly,   

We are sorry about this problem with online banking and adding accounts. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for assistance. 

Can you tell us what financial institution is associated with these accounts? Knowing this will help us to better assist you with this problem. Also, what Connection Type are you making use of in order to connect your accounts to online banking services? You can check this by clicking one of the affected accounts in the Account List on the left-hand side of the Quicken panel and then navigating to the Settings menu denoted by the 'gear' icon in the lower right-hand corner of the screen. The Downloads tab in the window that appears should contain this information.

Let us know more about this, if you can. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve Kelly
    Options
    Thank you for the quick reply. The Financial institution is Fidelity NetBenefits. I checked the "Downloads" tab, and yes, it contains all the information, and looks correct (and is downloading information). The connection type is set to "Direct Connect."
  • Steve Kelly
    Options
    Do you know if there is something I need to do on the Fidelity app?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you know if there is something I need to do on the Fidelity app?
    Hello "@Steve Kelly",  

We are sorry that this issue is continuing, and thank you for answering my earlier questions about the situation. 

Are you seeing any prompts regarding reauthorization when trying to update accounts, or in the Fidelity app, itself? Otherwise, one way we can isolate this issue is by having you save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup... in the upper menu at the top of the screen while Quicken is open, and then trying to create a new 'test' data file by following the steps listed below:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select New
    3. Select Start from scratch
    4. Click Next
    5. Click Next
    6. Choose Don't use Quicken Mobile & Web
    7. Click Next 

You may then add your Fidelity-affiliated accounts in the newly created data file by by navigating to the Add Account button in the Accounts menu in the upper left-hand side of the screen, or in the upper central-left hand side denoted by the '+' symbol then choosing your financial institution and entering your credentials as prompted. I am curious whether or not these issues continue in this data file. 

Let us know about your results. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve Kelly
    Options
    Yes. By setting up a new file, when I clicked on Fidelity NetBenefits, all three accounts were shown and added.
  • Steve Kelly
    Options
    Is there a way to merge the New file with the correct investments with the existing data/file?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Steve Kelly,

Thank you for attempting that test file.

Next, I suggest deactivating ALL of the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, select Login and select Passwords at the top
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    10. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    11. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    12. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Steve Kelly
    Options
    It all worked up until I got to #12. When I entered the financial institution's credentials, it came back with only one account. I re-tried the process 3 more times and had the same results. I then opened a "New" file in Quicken and just added the Financial Institution information and all three accounts were shown and all loaded successfully in Quicken. There are no other accounts (banking, Credit Cards, etc.) in this Quicken folder/app.
This discussion has been closed.