Is it advisable to have different password for Quicken and the Quicken Community.

Options
Ken Kagan
Ken Kagan Member ✭✭
It seems that my Quicken account password and my password for the Quicken community are the same. Does this create a security issue?

Best Answer

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The username/passowrd for your subscription (Quicken.com) and the forum are the same because Quicken Inc decided to make it a unified uername/password, you have no choice in them being the same.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In my opinion, it could be, I recommend changing one of the passwords or even both but not having them identical. Several of my online business accounts require one password to login to my account and another password to see my monthly charges

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The username/passowrd for your subscription (Quicken.com) and the forum are the same because Quicken Inc decided to make it a unified uername/password, you have no choice in them being the same.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Personally, I use a different Quicken Id for the forum than I do for my Subscription/data file use.

Quicken Ids are free, but it does mean having another email address since that is what the Quicken Id uses for the username. But you can just get a free Gmail address, and go into the settings and forward the email to your primary email account.

Is it really a security risk?

I don't really know, but it makes me feel better. 😁

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I HAD to get another email address (gmail) for my forum ID
    as my usual Quicken ID (email server) was not receiving email notifications
    because the forum service provider was being blocked by my email server…..

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.